My first car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first car show

Just recently finished the power wagon and entered it into its first car show. The truck is a fame off restored 55' civilian power wagon. I entered it in to Carmageddon classic car show, here in Lubbock, Tx. It was our biggest car show to date. I took 3rd place best in show and 1st place in the truck category out of around 500 cars/trucks. I couldn't have been more happy with the way things turned out. People couldn't get enough of it. Their are not many power wagons down south. Mine was the first one I had ever seen and I have lived in texas my whole life. It was awesome to see some of the older guys eyes light up and say things like "I remember my dad had one of these". I thought I would share. I couldn't of done it without the help of this site and all you guys.

Excellent! Congratulations! Great job, looks really nice. I'm working on my 55 now. Don't think I'll win any awards but looking forward to driving it soon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh man I like those wheels and tires! The whole thing looks great so far! I drive mine every chance I get. I want to do upgrades to it now to make it a little more street friendly. I want to do power steering, disk brakes, and put some rims on that will allow me to run modern radial tires. If you don't mind I would like to know what wheel/tire combo you have there.

Comment

Thanks! No problem. Unfortunately, the tires are Michelin radial XZL's in 11.00x16 which are VERY HARD TO FIND anymore. The wheels are WWII Dodge WC combat rims. The rims can be had pretty reasonably, look for ones that have already been broken down and blasted.

I did the Helitool Disc Brake conversion on mine, both front and rear. I also have front and rear ARB air lockers (not installed yet).

You may be interested in these tires...
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/230973386301...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are the standard 9.00x16 size but are new RADIALS! (clones of the michelin tires). I read and heard good reviews about them.

Comment

You are not alone...

Driller05 says, "Their are not many power wagons down south. Mine was the first one I had ever seen and I have lived in texas my whole life."

The Annual Texas Power Wagon Reunion has been held in April at various places in Texas every year since 1993. Attendance has been as high as 35 trucks. I have seen this event announced in every edition of the POWER WAGON ADVERTISER since I saw my first one in 1995. We also hold Pat and Wanda's Tailgate Party and swap meet every September.

I also subscribe to the Power Wagon Advertiser web site. It appears that the earliest event announcement archived here was in May 2003. There have been more than 20 Texas Power Wagon sites posted here since 2003.

Add the "hard copy" event announcements in the Power Wagon Advertiser. Twenty more?

Next, add the announcements in other web sites during this same time - 20 for my site alone.

We're glad you finally connected and we will be glad to see you at the 23d Annual Texas Power Wagon Reunion next April.

Comment

Working...
          X