curb weight of wm 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curb weight of wm 300

Does anyone know the curb weight of a wm 300 (has flat bed & winch)? I need to trailer it approx 100 miles and my F 150 has a max towing cap of 7,500 lbs. Can the Ford handle the Dodge?

Well, given the information provided, one could only give an estimate, which would be around 6,000 lbs for the truck, maybe a lot more depending on the bed contruction.

That would mean that a 7,000 lb. trailer would be overloaded and your truck would probably be overloaded. A 10,000 lb trailer would be the ticket, but then your truck would definitely be overloaded. What tongue weight can your truck carry?

A lot depends on the terrain you will be travelling over and the condition and type of your hitch and equipment. Could you make it over flat ground? Probably. Through mountainous country? You'd be a hazzard.

I would hate to say what people have actually hauled a FFPW with. It can be scary. I'm sure hoping your planning on using a trailer with good brakes, probably on both axles.

I'd definitely consider the enforcement posture of the state police/highway patrol concerning these types of loads. A FFPW on a smaller trailer will certainly attract attention. They definitely don't look like they belong together.

Comment

I've got a class 3 hitch so good for 10K lbs and 1,000 lbs hitch weight (weight distributing only). I would be using a 10,000 trailer w/ surge brakes. It's all highway but lots of curves and hills.

Good point about the cops - didn't think about that. I would be passing through an area well known for being a state patrol hot spot.

I was browsing the Ford website checking out the new F150's and found this

"Best-in-class 12,200-lb. maximum tow rating**"
      "**Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR."

So you can tow a 12,200 lb. trailer w/ a 8,500 lb truck - that doesn't sound right...

Comment

Working...
      X