Wm300 mc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wm300 mc

I REALLY hate to start another part # thread...but I need help.

Went to replace MC in a 1964 WM300 today. The part which was delivered to me and NAPA has listed as correct, is not. The MC that I need for the truck has 3 mounting holes, as opposed to the one shown below. I ran the number on the bad cylinder, and it does not come back with any matches. Wagner FC-4073.

I cannot go to VPW, because this is a state owned vehicle, and I need to go through state approved vendors to purchase parts.

I had a bunch of part numbers in my files, but they are all for the M-37! Will an M-37 Master Cylinder work safely in this truck?

What I received (that did NOT fit) is shown below:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-T

How about Charles at M-Series Rebuild I suspect he can sell to government bodies.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Unfortunately Charles is not on our approved vendor list, and is several hundreds of miles away!

Bump**

Comment

"Ken and Linda", over on Joe's forum, had figured this out and had
        a nice pictorial, but unfortunately his personal site has been taken down.
        You could try paging him over on Joe's forum. What he did is get a Dodge dual chamber MC (don't know the number off hand) and modify it slightly to fit the earlier PW bracket. Gave him a safer brake system and it all worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
          "Ken and Linda", over on Joe's forum, had figured this out and had
          a nice pictorial, but unfortunately his personal site has been taken down.
          You could try paging him over on Joe's forum. What he did is get a Dodge dual chamber MC (don't know the number off hand) and modify it slightly to fit the earlier PW bracket. Gave him a safer brake system and it all worked well.

Good tip! Thank you I will see what I can drum up...

-T

Comment

Originally posted by pwrwagonfire View Post
            I REALLY hate to start another part # thread...but I need help.

Went to replace MC in a 1964 WM300 today. The part which was delivered to me and NAPA has listed as correct, is not. The MC that I need for the truck has 3 mounting holes, as opposed to the one shown below. I ran the number on the bad cylinder, and it does not come back with any matches. Wagner FC-4073.

I cannot go to VPW, because this is a state owned vehicle, and I need to go through state approved vendors to purchase parts.

I had a bunch of part numbers in my files, but they are all for the M-37! Will an M-37 Master Cylinder work safely in this truck?

What I received (that did NOT fit) is shown below:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-T
            That one right there I'd bet is for a '64 W 300.If they could get that one have them go back and look for the wM 300

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
              That one right there I'd bet is for a '64 W 300.If they could get that one have them go back and look for the wM 300

My initial thought as well...did some looking into it and a lot of places are listing this as the correct part for WM300 now as well...which is clearly incorrect!

-T

Comment

Working...
              X