looking for suggetions on 57 powerwagon upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello dad2,

do you think that the modification you see are military updates that the civilian market never had access to?

Thanks

Comment

No. The E7T2 carb with mechanical advance accelerator pump and the King Seeley sandwich style governor are both correct for the 1957 Power Wagon and appear original to the truck.

Looking again at the picture, I can only see the intake manifold, and it appears to have the correct PVC pipe entering it. The exhaust manifold is not visible in the photo. It should have the heat riser with an adjustment plate that says Summer and Winter.

I notice there is no heater, which may make some sense if the truck was in the Caribbean and AZ.

Comment

Thank You Sir

Comment

I will take a picture of the exhaust manifold and post it tonight.
          It would be greatly appreciated if you could direct me on making the changes to the carb linkage and heat riser.

Comment

I posted pics of the carb and manifold settings on my ImageEvent site. If I did this right, you will see a link or photo of the carb setting.

http://photos.imageevent.com/dad2nic...to%202_511.JPG

Comment

Here is a link to the manifold, showing the heat riser and control. The winter setting positions the flap in the chamber to direct heat upwards into a chamber of the intake manifold. Don't be surprised if the control is stuck in place and no longer adjustable. It is easily repaired and VPWs has kits if needed.http://photos.imageevent.com/dad2nic...oto%203_61.JPG

Comment

Your governor is missing the top speed adjusting control shown in this photo. It adjusts the tension of a spring that acts on the governor throttle plate. It comes sealed from the factory. Yours has been removed. Some guys remove the throttle plate inside the governor altogether to allow higher top end RPMs and road speed.

Looks like you have a 2-quart oil filter, which was an option. Again, super nice truck in excellent original condition.http://photos.imageevent.com/dad2nic...%202%20008.JPG

Comment

Here is a shot of my E7T2 carb and governor...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is there anyone remaking the armrests for these trucks?
                    My driverside is cracked pretty bad on the bottom where they are attached to the door.

Comment

Someone was, I remember seeing them somewhere. VPW would be a good start, also try Roberts and Vintage Dodge of Michigan. I think the 2WD trucks use the same part.

Comment

Roberts Motor Parts had them.
                        Greg Coffin
                        Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
                        1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
                        1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
                        1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
                        1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
                        1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

BTW, this is a really beautiful picture.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Greg Coffin; 02-01-2015, 08:16 PM. Reason: .
                          Greg Coffin
                          Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
                          1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
                          1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
                          1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
                          1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
                          1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

Working...
                          X