Replacement seat options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement seat options?

My project truck came without the seat. Actually it came with a couple of those little folding boat seats like you would put in a jon boat but I'm thinking an upgrade is in order!

Was wondering what options are out there for a replacement bench seat. This is for a 1948.

Do you still have the base in place? If so it will probably have to be removed for most aftermarket options.

That I've seen for a bench you need to look at compact and midsize pickups, a modern full-size truck bench is too wide. Problem is our cabs are small to begin with and then taper toward the front. I bought an aftermarket set of buckets with a center console but the console won't fit due to how much less room there is at the front of the seat vice at the rear.

Comment

Seats

Vintage now offers reproduction seat backs and bottoms. I believe they are $750/each as there is a LOT of labor involved in production.........
      Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
      2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

I have seen bucket seats from Older Toyota pick-ups used...their cabs are pretty tight too. While not stock, they afford a comfortable alternative, with head rests and adjustability, and do away with the sliding around we sometimes encounter during side-hill traverses and sharp turns at the high speeds our trucks are capable of...

Also, the space between the seats allow for whatever clever storage/console uses you may dream up. Your dog may not be a fan of this, especially if you have human passengers too.

cd
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
        1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor
        1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
        UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

I still have the original base. I saw the reproductions at Vintage Power Wagons. Really not wanting to sink nearly a thousand dollars into a seat but I do want to try to keep it a vinyl bench seat that looks close to the original.

Comment

I'm pretty sure some have found the early? Ford ranger seats fit well.
            I would look for bench seats from compact trucks.
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
            "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
            "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
            "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
            "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
            "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

I've used Ranger split bench (good fit, just a little narrow) and I've also used Dakota bench seats.
              I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
              Will
              WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
              1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
              1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
              1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
              2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
              X