Front Knuckle Reassembly-WM300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Knuckle Reassembly-WM300

I am about to reassemble my first knuckle. A couple of relevant questions for the experienced out there please. First of all, I have to have my friend turn some new alignment pins for the knuckle halves as I over-polished them somewhat and I'm not satisfied with the fit. Should they be turned out of hard or soft steel? When I marry the upper and lower halves together, should I use a sealant between the flanges and between the knuckle halves and the spindle? Finally, I probably should use new bolts, nuts and washers. All grade 8? Thanks in advance.....Keith.

Not sure about the pins, I would think you want a hard steel as otherwise you're likely to mushroom them when trying to drive them in or even worse out in the future.

I used an anaerobic sealant in between the halves on the recommendation of Charles Talbert if I remember correctly (been a while since I rebuilt mine). Just a think coating, but it only sets up in the absence of air, so it should only set once assembled.

New nuts and bolts never hurt. Steering components should always be grade 8, plus in the scheme of things it's cheap insurance.

Comment

Working...
    X