I need some recomendations on parts for my 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some recomendations on parts for my 57

I was looking for a headliner kit and a drivers side arm resat for my truck.
    any recommendations a a really good fitting correct headliner for my 57?
    I also need part numbers for my wipers.
    One of my Vacuum units is dead and im not sure if I want to go with the electric set up or not.
    Also My windsheild crank out is stuck in the open position, is this just a case of lubrication or is this a common problem.

Hey. Not sure about the fit, as I haven't installed mine yet, but you can get headliners from a few places. I kinda assume they are all the same manufacture and then just run through different middle men (I know this to be the case with many other parts from dodge sources). I got mine from VPW. I know you can get them at Roberts Motor Parts and also on a site I found last night called DCM Classics. Here's their link:
    http://dodgecentralmi.biz/ocart/Interior/Interior-Parts

As far as the armrest, I'm not sure if Vintage has anything. Roberts Motor Parts has one that will work with a little modification (I was told by an employee), and DCM Classics has one that they call universal (I would call and make sure though).

Not sure if this is what you wanted, but may be helpful.

Just checked and DCM does have some vacuum wiper stuff too:
    http://dodgecentralmi.biz/ocart/mechanical/Wipers

Comment

I don't think they're all the same supplier, but at least a few are. There was a company doing them from ABS plastic vice the cardboard like material. Searching the archives here and at Joe's site should turn up some discussions and pics on the various sources.

Not sure about the replacement/universal options. VPW probably has old ones, though they'd need re-covered of course.

Neither wiper setup is ideal, electrics will operate more reliably but are fairly weak too, and original units are supposed to be harder to find. Guess it depends on how much and when you think you will need them.

Comment

I had contacted Midwest Military about their Headliners and they told me that theirs is top notch and that shipped to my home with the correct fasteners comes to 399.00.
        Compared to VPW at 245.00 shipped and includes fasteners.
        VPW does not include Door panels or kick panels but mine are fine.
        That's 150.00 more so you can see why im asking.
        If Midwests are that much better then the extra money is not an issue.
        But are they???
        The arm rest I would like to match my passenger side which is fine.
        But 40 bucks a piece for non matching and needing modification?

Comment

Here is a search of Joe's site for the last year about headliners from people that have put them in. Not all frequent this site, but there are pictures and opinions in some of them.

Haven't decided what to do with mine yet either. Buy something and have it covered in cloth or just have a shop build one. Kind of like the ABS option for durability, but I need to modify it for my center console, and then I'd probably cover it anyway.

Either way let us know what you decide and how it worked out!

Comment

I ordered the headliner from VPW and it should.he Jere in a couple days. The guy there said they have sold around 2000 sets so I figure the parts.must be pretty good.
            I'll post my findings.

Comment

Working...
            X