Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im missing a few parts, what are they called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im missing a few parts, what are they called?

Im sure something goes here? In the door frames it looks like there are 2 per door, Door stops?

[URL=http://s198.photobucket.com/user/stinkybulldog/media/new/IMG_20150613_144413_549_1.jpg.html]
    Im sure there is someting that resides in these holes between the pedals?
    [/URL]
    This is the top of one of my doors.
    Same thing on the driver side.

The reason I am asking is I want to find a supplier and purchse the missing parts,

Comment

I'm in the garage now so figured it would be just as easy to snap a few pics. First one is door bumpers. They have a dovetailed piece of metal on the inside to retain them, that dovetailed piece is what the screw runs into. Vintage Power Wagons has them.
      Attached Files

Comment

Second one is draft pads and draft pad retainers. VPW has them too.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what the last one is called, but I call them plastic door strikes. I have mine here and it looks like there is one tapered and one un-tapered for each side. I'm not sure which one is supposed to go on top of the door and which one goes on bottom?? Anyway, VPW has them too.
          Attached Files

Comment

JReed,

I really appreciate your response! I didnt even look on the bottom of the door!!
            All great info and pictures to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by JReed View Post
              I don't know what the last one is called, but I call them plastic door strikes. I have mine here and it looks like there is one tapered and one un-tapered for each side. I'm not sure which one is supposed to go on top of the door and which one goes on bottom?? Anyway, VPW has them too.
              Those are common to all Dodge trucks, so you can find them at some of the other old Dodge/truck supply places. Someone makes them from brass as well, there are also shims they sell that fit behind them. Since the latch on these trucks is dependent on the door not moving in the frame they get adjusted to keep the door shimmed in place when closed. The upper one should meet against the spring loaded unit that sits in the door opening. The bottom one just rides against the door jam as far as I know, which is probably what the square one is for.

Comment

Working...
              X