Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes the best replacement wiring harnesess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best replacement wiring harnesess.

During a minor repair to my windshield regulator I realized just how old the wiring is in my powerwagon.
    I think I would like to replace all of it if someone makes a nice replacement under dash harness.

Check out Vintage Wiring of Maine. They have specs for a few different power wagon models.

http://www.vintagewiringofmaine.com/Vintage_Trucks.html

Comment

I contacted the company from the link, I appreciated the reply.
      $1175.00 !!! These trucks are extremely simple and the wiring is something I will do over this winter.
      Perhaps I should do a.couple sets.
      I'm pretty sure with a little research I can locate all of the correct sockets and plugs.
      I just did a 55 Chevy Belaire.Hard top complete.under dash to tail lights and American Auto wire sells the entire kit for under 500.00 and the kit was an exact replacement.
      To bad someone hasn't put together something similar for the power wagon.

Comment

I have installed a few from Vintage Wiring, they are spendy but do install very well.
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Are the connectors on the VPW harnesses molded rubber or plastic?
          It would be good for the money to get the correct connectors but if you think about it all the truck really has is headlights, tail lights a few gauges and a simple point ignition the instrument lights come off the headlight switch. Like I said if the harnesses were a comparable price to all of the rest of the many available Id be more apt to buy a set.
          You can buy harness sets for hemi cars cheaper than for the FFPW and i will bet there is a lot more to them. Perhaps if there was more demand one of the larger suppliers would start manufacturing them.
          I am lucky in the fact that the truck I have needs very little and I do love the big lumbering thing! Actually it is one of the cooler rides we have owned, get a lots of compliments on it from little kids to seniors.
          But Christ I just mailed out 180.00 for a rusted wheel!

Comment

Working...
          X