47 WDX engine hand crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 WDX engine hand crank

There was one of these tools under my front seat but it cant be used with the winch installed did these come with all power wagons ? Also there is a small plate bolted to the winch frame, it looks to be up side down ( a guide ) for the handle ?

Doc Dave

To use it in a winch truck, you have to unspool the cable first.
    I think that yes you are looking at the guide.
    I have the hand crank too but have not yet tried it.
    There is something on you tube I think on doing it safely. These can be dangerous if not used correctly.

Comment

Don't wrap your thumb over the handle! Make your hand a cup as if you were going to drink water from your palm, now lay the handle in it. Only lift the handle to turn the engine if you can crank in circles your doing it wrong. Thumbs are important and make life difficult when broken. (Left thumb broken while working on the PW, but not with a crank.)
      Jim

Comment

Hand Starter

As Doc said, you may have to let out some cable to make room. In this picture my guide is right above the chain so it stays out of the way. To use it, you would rotate it down 90 degrees. Handle goes through the guide, under the cable and through a hole in the lower part of radiator. I was brave and did try mine once. One quick partial turn and the engine came to life. These are designed to pop out when the engine turns over. Second picture show the tapered end on crank which should force handle out when it fires up.
        Attached Files
        Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
        2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Hand crank

Would all power wagons have come with this handle under the seat ? Also Tim my 47 is the same color as yours, looks nice.

Comment

Handle

Maybe? Non-winch models have a hole in the bumper to act as the guide.
            Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
            2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Working...
            X