model 65 heater options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 65 heater options

What switches and or controls would a model 65 heater equiped truck possibly came with?

Model 65

My 53 came with a model 65 which is pictured. Only thing you can't see is the heater core and motor. Replaced the 6V motor with a 12V and put it back in. I only have a replacement heater switch that lets me adjust the fan from HI-MED-LOW. On the engine you should have a heater valve that allows you to turn off the hot engine coolant to the heater core for the summer. Have seen a couple of trucks that have a Defrost cable which is able to open and close the heater door but mine doesn't have one.
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Heater

Calling out for help from Norway! My 1957 PW has no heater or defroster at all. Anyone who knows were to by a heater assebly for these trucks?
      Regards, Ketil

Comment

heater

hello,
        I have a model 36 Mopar Deluxe heater in my '47 WDX. I have seen this in many other early PW's. My guess is that a model 62 or 65 is probably more correct for your truck, but if you don't care there is one listed on Ebay (model 36) right now with a starting bid of $20. I have not researched wether or not there are other sources or not. I have seen over time model 65s etc for sale on eBay and have noted that there has been at least one eBay seller that seems to specialize in restored heaters.
        Good luck,
        David

Comment

heater

Model 62 also for sale on eBay.
          David

Comment

65 Heater

Thanks guys. I have started to check Ebay. My truck is 12v and it seems that it often are 6v heaters listed. I'll keep my eyes open!
            Ketil

Comment

Any vintage aftermarket 12V heater, (kit if possible) will work.
              A lot of trucks left the factory without heaters and were dealer or customer installed.
              The correct MoPar heater for your truck would have been the
              Model 75 truck master heater.
              TGP
              WDX & Misc. Pics.
              http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
              "47" Dodge WDX WW
              "52" Dodge M-37 WW
              "54" Willys M38A1
              "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
              "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
              "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
              "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
              "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
              "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

65 Heater

Thanks Tom.
                This was interesting, as I did not know of the "72" heater. But this might be even harder to find?
                Aftermarked? Like products from Vintage Air? For me it seems Legacy Trucks and Dan Mininger use those.
                I suppose being new, they will perform better than the original ones. But so far my truck is restored to 99% original. Mainly it only need a respray, because the previous owner have chosen a near Viper Green color.
                There is so many cool trucks from these companies mentioned above, but when I see photos from 100% original trucks my eyes get wet.....
                The defroster is the main issue, because I do not intend to use my truck on salty winter roads.
                I did appreciate that you took time to give me useful information Tom.
                In the first place I will be looking for the 72 Heater.
                Ketil

Comment

It's model 75 heater or any 12v heater will work.
                  You can even get a earlier model 62,65 etc. to work
                  After changing to 12 v motor.
                  By aftermarket I mean simple add on heaters from back in the day.
                  Tom
                  WDX & Misc. Pics.
                  http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                  "47" Dodge WDX WW
                  "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                  "54" Willys M38A1
                  "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                  "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                  "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                  "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                  "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                  "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by 440magnum View Post
                    Thanks guys. I have started to check Ebay. My truck is 12v and it seems that it often are 6v heaters listed. I'll keep my eyes open!
                    Ketil
                    It's a simple motor change to switch between 6V and 12V. I swapped in a new 12V motor into a 6V Model 29 Heater I used in my '46 PW.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                    Will
                    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Model 75 Heater

There is a Model 75 heater for sale on EBay right now for $150!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Power-...NWvQNR&vxp=mtr

As others have posted, I installed a new 12V motor in my model 65. Even had a company restore the heater core to like new. You may want to check on your truck to see if you have the two defrost tubes that mount inside the dash. They go from a round shape to oblong. If you don't have those, you will want to keep an eye out for some.

I have had pretty good luck over the years finding parts on Ebay if you watch on a regular basis and have a sense of their value.
                      Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                      2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Does your heater core throw much heat after being rebuilt? I was considering putting some muritic acid thru the core after I flushed mine out, but decided against it. From what I have read there is not much heat off of them to begin with.

Comment

Heat

I live in one of the colder parts of the country and at over 6000 ft above sea level. I think the old 6V motor didn't do much and it probably can't keep up with holes in the floor board and around the doors.

My truck is fairly well sealed now so I can't run my fan on "High" for very long before it nearly cooks me out. Considerable amount of air is moved around. Others may feel differently.....
                          Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                          2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

65 Heater

Hi, everybody.
                            I am closing a deal for a "65" on the Ebay now. It will need restoration and a new 12v motor.
                            From Watson's photo I have picked the No of the Siemens 12v motor which is to be found for a small sum many places. It seems things are coming together now.
                            Thanks, Ketil

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                              It's a simple motor change to switch between 6V and 12V. I swapped in a new 12V motor into a 6V Model 29 Heater I used in my '46 PW.

Do you know if this motor will fit in Sarah's truck with the model 61 heater?

Comment

Working...
                              X