Wiper motor options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper motor options

I am doing a little research into wiper motor options for these trucks. I think I found several options that will fit into the space provided but since my truck didn't come with any of the parts I was wondering about some of the basic measurements for stock units. What is the stock shaft length? and what is the approximate sweep? 90 degrees? more ? less? any info would help.

also, where did the stock units park? center or outside or one of each?

wipers

Dutch-

Not an expert in this area, but didn't see any replies so I dug through my boxes tonight to find what I hope you are looking for. Right now, my truck is mostly in boxes :-) Stock shaft length is approx. 2 1/8" from the motor. My thought is that a 90 degree sweep sounds about right. Have seen the wipers parked in a variety of positions but believe that they should both be parked on the outside of the windshield. In other words far left and far right when looking out of the cab. Am including two pictures for you. In the picture with only the drivers side wiper motor you can see all of the parts required. Chrome pieces go outside of the cab. Hope this is of some help to you.
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Thanks, that is a big help. My truck was used as a parts truck for a while and there are lots of little things like this missing. Kind of makes it hard to figure out what the original parts were and what will fit and what other options there are out there.

Thanks again,
      Jeff

Comment

wipers part II

I've seen some people use a vintage electric Bosch motor ( which I don't know anything about) and some newer aftermarket electric motors. Have heard those are OK in rain, but not so good in snow which is a problem for me. Not advocating any particular vendor, but I sent my motors to this place http://www.wiperman.com/ for a complete rebuild and was very happy with the end result. Kind of fun to be sitting at a stop light while the wipers are running like crazy and then when you get to moving down the road with no vacuum they are in slow motion. My next upgrade will be a vacuum canister to eliminate this problem.
        Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
        2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what are the model numbers of the vacuum wiper motors that you have?
          Not sure if I want to go that route but it would be nice to know if I come across some that they are the correct model

Comment

Trico KSB

The Drivers side has Trico KSB 468 stamped on it. Don't have the other one handy. Whatever you end up using, plan for a 10" wiper blade to fit the windshield.
            Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
            2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Trico KSB part II

OK Jeff... apparently I need better bi-focal glasses. The drivers side is a KSB 463 and my passenger side is a KSB 463-1. Would guess there are many other models that fit.
              Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
              2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Hey, thanks for the update. I will keep my eyes open for those models. I wouldn't mind keeping it original with a vacuum set up but I don't know what other models might fit.

I have also been looking into the cable driven system from specialty power windows. There are several companies offering this style system and so far I have read that it's not that bad a set up if you do it right and follow all the install instructions. Biggest problem would be getting the guide tube fished thru the windshield pillar so the motor could be mounted under the dash

Comment

Working...
                X