2nd RUN of disc brake components for Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd RUN of disc brake components for Power Wagon

Our second run of disc brake components for Dodge Power Wagon is well underway. We got some hubs back in house today for flange welding, with more to come soon.

Please contact us right away if you have interest in purchasing disc kits, as we would like to process as many as we can during this run.

Thanks

I am interested. Can you please give me some more information? My wife bought Gordon's 48 Power Wagon and it needs a complete new brake system and I figured nows a good time to update. Prices? What is all included? Let me know, thanks.

Comment

New approach used with 2nd run

We have done some things different in regard to the manufacture of some components, ie. rotor flanges, disc for caliper brackets, spacer rings, etc. This sort of takes us back to square one on foreseeing cost of the completed 2nd run. At this point, I simply can't quote a cost for a complete axle conversion kit. Some items we buy have of course increased in cost since the first run. The change in finishing raw component parts has brought about some changes in less time involved in the total process. The up in the air question is that I simply don't know how this will affect our end manufacturing cost before the first few axle kits reach completion. I will add pricing to the initial post as soon as we can establish an essential base line figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Andydodgegeek View Post
        I am interested. Can you please give me some more information? My wife bought Gordon's 48 Power Wagon and it needs a complete new brake system and I figured nows a good time to update. Prices? What is all included? Let me know, thanks.
        If you can send us core hubs, I can get them into the 2nd run process.

Included in base conversion parts kit for 1 axle is:

2 modified hubs, with new bearing cups installed, 1 left-1 right caliper bracket, 2 rim spacers.
        Mounting hardware (grade 8) for rotors and caliper brackets is included.

Please read my other message in this thread concerning 2nd run cost.

Comment

The hubs need to be machined for clearance, am I correct?

Comment

The hubs need to be machined for clearance, am I correct?
            No, The hub machining procedure is so that a rotor flange can be attached.

Comment

Would this conversion also convert a 6 lug hub to an 8 lug hub on a 60 power giant

Comment

Originally posted by 60pwrwgn View Post
                Would this conversion also convert a 6 lug hub to an 8 lug hub on a 60 power giant
                No, these kits are designed specifically for M37 (military) and flat fender power wagon, using original Budd rims. Some custom rims may work also, we would need to check specs as compared to originals.

Comment

Can you give a ball park figure on cost? What all else would I have to buy?

Comment

Can you give a ball park figure on cost? What all else would I have to buy?
                    I've already explained the cost situation as it stands until we can get a few sets finalized.

You will need to purchase locally for 1 axle:

1 pad set
                    1 left and 1 right caliper
                    2 hose assemblies
                    2 banjo bolts
                    2 hose locks
                    2 rotors
                    2 inner hub seals
                    we also recommend replacing the inner and outer hub bearing cones, the hubs we supply will have new bearing cups (races) already installed in them.

We can supply the above listed parts also if you wish; however I expect the overall cost will be somewhat less if purchased locally; mainly because of the shipping cost of the heavier items like rotors.
                    We will advise of part numbers (in the installation manual) that we use here and recommend that you purchase as well. The parts we use are top of the line components; cheaper import knock-offs are out there for lesser cost; but we do not recommend using this cheaper quality stuff. Choosing to use the lesser quality parts could cause you problems with exact fit and longevity of the system.

Comment

What was the price of the first run? I am interested, but I can't commit without at least a ball park figure.

Comment

What was the price of the first run? I am interested, but I can't commit without at least a ball park figure.
                        First run initial cost for 1 axle kit was $785; had to increase that to $800 after the cost of grade 8 hardware and shipping crate construction went up. I'm hoping to hold the line, but I simply can't quote anything firm until all our machining and raw material cost is settled. We are in the hub modification phase now; caliper bracket and spacer cost is still out there at this time. Seriously, I simply don't know how all will shake out. You know the line, "it ain't over till it's over." Rest assured, I'll post an accurate figure just as soon as I know one.

Comment

I'll likely take one kit, depending on the final price. When do you think they will be available?

-Robert

Comment

Originally posted by AK3936 View Post
                            I'll likely take one kit, depending on the final price. When do you think they will be available?

-Robert
                            We have lots going on right now, we are working on this as time permits, as quickly as we can. My "hopeful" plans are that we won't be far out with completion of the first kits; but I can't promise a date at this time in the process.

Comment

Nearing completion of 2nd run

Hub flange welding is completed; hubs are now back at the machinist for final machining steps. Caliper brackets are back, we will be welding the mounting ears in place this upcoming week. Spacer plates are completed. When we have hubs back in house, this will conclude the 2nd run.

If you have core hubs you wish to be included in the 2nd run, NOW is the final call, so please contact us right away. I will be getting in touch with those who ask to be notified upon 2nd run completion as soon as hubs are back. I will have current cost information at that time, and will post it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X