Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs

Hi guys,
    I am trying to find the correct spark plugs for my recently acquired 1955 PW. It was converted to a 12 volt system and has Champion J11C plugs in it. Are those the correct ones?

plugs

Not sure if this will answer your question, but I've often found this parts interchange to be of great help

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/glovebox/vaughn.txt
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Wow, this is a great list. thanks for this!!

Comment

Yes, the Champion J11C is correct
        John

Comment

For anyone running electronic ignition, do you set a slightly larger plug gap to take advantage of the extra spark?

Comment

Yes. If running an HEI ignition,the electronic ignition enables you to set the spark plug gap to 0.045 to take advantage of the improved quality of energy feeding the plugs.

What system of HEI are you running?
            John

Comment

None yet, I ordered the "big cap" version of the Pertronix kit by accident, still need to deal with that.

Comment

I bought a complete HEI ignition from Langdon's and his instructions were .060 gap. Runs like a top.

Comment

For a Pertronix conversion, I would check with Pertronix for their recommendation on plug gap. To be clear on my 0.045 gap setting, I am using a Dodge slant-six distributor with the flat head 230 internal pieces swapped in. I am using a Standard (Blue Streak) CH-410X distributor cap, and a NAPA/Echlin MO-3000 long tip rotor. The other components rounding out the system is an AC Delco D-1906 module, an MSD Blaster High Vibration coil, and magnecor plug wires.

The conversion process is outlined in the archives, also in the archives of the Dodge Power Wagon site. The initial information came from the Dodge Slant Six Forum: http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewto...?p=92208#92208
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X