Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Leno - PowerWagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c68L_tieVs

Did anyone notice the discussion about disc brakes (or lack thereof)?
    Thoughts?

Comment

He's of the opinion that Disc Brakes cause Spring warpage on these axles/springs.

How ever he also took credit for other people work and contributions when he claimed he made the Beds and other items in house.
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I did think both were a bit suspect. There were a couple other things that seemed non-engineer-ish in there too.

It isn't his "thing", but I was hoping (when I got the notification on my phone) that it was a Leno restore, as opposed to what essentially is an advertisement.

I'll have to do my restoration for a lot less than $150,000+, but I still enjoyed the episode.

Comment

Thanks for posting man. I had seen a picture of that truck a few weeks back and another of the same color even a little further back and I was a little bummed to see that they were nearly the same color as mine. I hadn't seen the episode so I didn't know until now that it actually is the same color. Ha, oh well, its a nice color for a power wagon. It was actually my mom who suggested the color to me after she saw it on a wrangler. Well watchin' just makes me more anxious to finish and drive mine.

Comment

Incentive episode for sure!

Comment

I'm not against a guy making a buck or two, but 125-250K for that? Even I would feel a little guilty. LOL!

Comment

Working...
              X