No announcement yet.

Can someone translate this build sheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone translate this build sheet?

I finally got around to ordering a build sheet from Chrysler for my 48 Power Wagon. It's a bit hard to read and I don't even know what I'm looking at. Can anyone make any sense of it? It's an original truck (in rough shape) with the rear PTO belt pulley.
    I can't get the file size low enough to work on this site, but here's the direct link to where I have it posted on Shutterfly.

https://im1.shutterfly.com/procgtase...0Aat2LRmzcsWZA

Thanks!

How did you order that? What did it cost?
    I'd like to do the same for my truck.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by aeblank View Post
        How did you order that? What did it cost?
        I'd like to do the same for my truck.
        I followed the instructions from a Vintage Power Wagons email below and they sent me the instructions and an order form. The price is now $30.

Some of you have asked us about getting the build records for your old Dodge Trucks. Since the Chrysler Historical Museum is now closed to the public we were not sure if this information was still available, so we called an old friend who still works as a volunteer to see what he could tell us. You will be happy to know that the old build records are still available for the old Dodge trucks up to 1954 and to get your build record you need to write to Chrysler, with the year, model and VIN information. Send that information to them with a check for $25 to: Chrysler Historical Collection, 12501 Chrysler Drive, Detroit MI 48231. With that also include your telephone number and in the lower left hand corner of the front of the envelope write, "CIMS 410-11-21". We hope that some of you will find this information useful.

Comment

Just remember they can't do them for trucks made after 1954, don't ask me why.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust Buster View Post
            Just remember they can't do them for trucks made after 1954, don't ask me why.
            Because of a massive fire in the early sixties, late fifties. Can't remember when.
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
            "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
            "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
            "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
            "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
            "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Kevin Clause, who mainly posts on Joe's Forum mainly,
              is really knowledgeable about deciphering these cards. He helped with mine, for example, and among several things I learned my truck was shipped by boat from Detroit to Erie, PA, then sent to Carbondale, PA. By rail.
              All this was not obvious by looking at the card, even Carbondale was abbreviated
              To almost be unrecognizeable.

Comment

Build Cards

I tried to order a build card for my 53. Chrysler sent back a very nice letter telling me that the records for my year were no longer available.
                Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
                  Kevin Clause, who mainly posts on Joe's Forum mainly,
                  is really knowledgeable about deciphering these cards. He helped with mine, for example, and among several things I learned my truck was shipped by boat from Detroit to Erie, PA, then sent to Carbondale, PA. By rail.
                  All this was not obvious by looking at the card, even Carbondale was abbreviated
                  To almost be unrecognizeable.
                  Yes, Kevin was awesome. I posted this on the other forum as well, and Kevin called me and spent probably 30 minutes or so going over it on the phone with me. Told me that my truck is one of two he has ever seen that left the facotry without the rear PTO driven belt pulley and then was later outfitted with it, most likely at a dealer's request. Also very rare to have the rear belt pulley but no mechanical governor...

Comment

Working...
                  X