Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M601 front clip question

Hello,
    I am exposing myself as not being very observant with the question that will eventually follow. After all these years I only just noticed that the Dodge M601s don't have the grill extensions that I would expect to see when the 251 was used. Does anyone know if the dimensions are different for some of the sheet metal or how this was accomplished? Sadly I have yet to be in the actual presence of an M601 and don't know when that fun event may occur.
    David

Originally posted by DavidGB View Post
    Hello,
    I am exposing myself as not being very observant with the question that will eventually follow. After all these years I only just noticed that the Dodge M601s don't have the grill extensions that I would expect to see when the 251 was used. Does anyone know if the dimensions are different for some of the sheet metal or how this was accomplished? Sadly I have yet to be in the actual presence of an M601 and don't know when that fun event may occur.
    David
    It is my understanding that all M601 trucks used the 230 L-head engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
      It is my understanding that all M601 trucks used the 230 L-head engine.
      From M601 website...

... Initially produced with the six cylinder 230 cubic inch flathead engine, this changed to the 251 flathead in 1961 and finally to the 225 slant six in 1972.
      http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/sprouse/m601/origins.htm

Clark

Comment

M601

Thank you both for the enlightenment. Isn't 1961 the same year that the civilian power wagon also got the 251? Before I posed my question I did a quick image search for the M601 and only came across photos of the 230 equipped variety. Yet it seemed to me all the M601s I had seen for sale were late 60's trucks, thus the basis for my mistaken assumption.
        I know. Careful about making assumptions.
        David

Comment

Working...
        X