Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have a lead on tubeless 16x6.5 wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have a lead on tubeless 16x6.5 wheels?

Hey guys, I'm hoping to find some of the military GKN 16x6.5 tubeless wheels made for the M101A1 trailers. I'm aware of the 17" tubeless wheels that can be bought from Vintage Power Wagons, but I would really like to keep the Superlug 9.00-16 for a somewhat "correct" look. I'd also like to keep the stock Budd centers, so Stockton Wheels is not an option for me.

it seems like someone here on the forum bought a bunch of them at a government liquidation auction, and posted it here, and on eBay last fall. The member is not responding, so I'm assuming he sold out of em.

I'm hoping that someone who might have these wheels doesn't want/need them anymore and might be willing to sell 'em.

So....any leads/ideas? If I can't find em, I might have to break down and compromise with the 17" wheels.
    Attached Files

Here's another pic:
    Attached Files

Comment

Seems like certain motorhomes with the Dodge chassis (M400?) used a 5 lug Budd type wheel, but I'm not certain of the diameter.

Maybe call these guys:
      http://www.ricksontruckwheels.com/wh...home-dodge.php

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
        Seems like certain motorhomes with the Dodge chassis (M400?) used a 5 lug Budd type wheel, but I'm not certain of the diameter.

Maybe call these guys:
        http://www.ricksontruckwheels.com/wh...home-dodge.php

Bucky

Thanks Bucky, that's pretty good lead. I will contact those guys tomorrow, looks promising!

Comment

Wheels

The Dodge motorhomes used a 5 on 8" Budd wheel but they are 19.5 tubeless rims. I looked at a 1977 Dodge motorhome chassis a guy was selling and had the 5 lug Budd's on it.

Comment

5×8 Motor home wheels (and even the whole axle) are an option for the 1.5 ton and bigger trucks..

Comment

Working...
            X