under floor master cylinder pedal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under floor master cylinder pedal question

I swapped a under the floor bracket from a 1967 PW into my 1955 PW. I have attached some photos .The pedal will hit the steering column. It seems centered in the floor nicely. Is this correct? I have had a few people with 67-68 tell me their pedal would be close to hitting the column but cant tell for sure , because their pedal does not travel that far when the brakes are good. Anyone have a 67 or 68 truck with out good brakes that can check theirs ? Are there some frame differences in the late years as well that could be the difference? thanks
    Attached Files

Worth in NC

John:

I have a '68 FFPW that needs brake work. Just checked mine. With the pedal fully depressed, the pedal misses the column by 1/4 inch.

Worth

Comment

Worth,thanks so much for the information. I figured it should not hit the column. I am wondering what is misaligned or bent. Could you measure the from the floor to the top of the pedal when the is all the way up? Or a photo to compare to?

Comment

Worth in NC

John, Measured from the floor to the top of center of front of the pedal. It is exactly 10 1/4 inches.

Worth

Comment

Working...
        X