converting cab to 4 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting cab to 4 door

New guy here, but trying to figure out how a 2 door cab is converted to a 4 door. Are people using 2 cabs and cutting then welding together, or just extending 1 cab? Are new rear doors made from scratch, or modifying original ones?

converting a cab to four doors

Yes, to all of the above.
    Until recently guys blended two cabs together and used four doors in order to create the back doors. A skilled metal worker is now creating them from just one cab and is producing the back doors using custom made dies of his own design. I expect someone will post details of all this, the archives here and on the power wagon page have lots of photos of four door trucks being constructed. Dig in to them it's addictive. I'd love to build one but lack the skill level, finances and shop needed. Jim

Comment

Thanks. I just became a premium subscriber so I could search the archives. I searched under crewcab, crew cab, and 4 door power wagon in the 1-ton power wagon section but didn't see any threads related to the subject. maybe a thread is in another section. I'll keep searching.

Comment

Ken, Have you looked at the trucks Dan Minimger builds for people? Check out his business. Precision power wagons Jim https://www.youtube.com/user/valdaniel1/videos?view_as=public

Comment

yes, I've spoken to Dan, but didn't ask him specifically about how he builds a crew cab. Kinda felt funny asking him his trade secrets.

Comment

Dan builds awesome trucks! Making a 4 door cab is a MAJOR undertaking, especially to get it right. Good luck, be sure to post pics if you start the project!

Clark

Comment

How many cabs & doors?

I don't build the "Crew-cab" Power Wagons....but I've sold quite a few trucks to someone that is building them, and he needs 2 cabs and 6 doors to do it right. Of course a lot of guys have built them using 4 doors.....but the rounded part of the back doors don't look right.
              [/SIGPIC]David Buehn (ex "bubble-head") US Submarine USS Tunny, APSS-282, 1968-69 Viet Nam.
              ROUGH & READY DODGE POWER WAGONS
              Specializing in WWII-Viet Nam era military and commercial Dodge trucks & parts
              WWII....WC-3, WC-12, WC-10, WC-53, WC-62, WC-15,
              1948 WDX and 1966 WM-300 Power Wagon[SIGPIC]
              1952 DODGE M37 ¾ TON TRUCK W/WINCH
              dbcolts@aol.com 714 310 9934, Indio, Ca.

Comment

That makes sense, cut the door in half and use them as the front half of the rear door. That's how to make is look right.

Comment

They have became very popular, I have road in one built by Dan and its a very, very nice truck. I have road in another built by Mike Verst and again it is a very nice truck everyone changes them a little upgrades them a little more. However you choose to build it just enjoy it. Look around at all the different designs and builds it is overwhelming just a little.
                  1967 W200.aka.Hank
                  1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                  2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
                  X