No announcement yet.

My 49 is Coming together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, very close to finishing up. Next is the bed. All I have are the side panels, missing everything else so still trying to decide on finding all the others parts like back, tailgate, fenders, all supports and crossmembers and running board extensions or just build a flat bed. Any comments welcome including what type of costs I could run into for both options.

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
      Matthew Welcher PWA commented
      Editing a comment
      Tex, there are several bed posts on the forum.
      One advantage you have is you are working with factory bedsides as I recall.
      Putting the bed puzzle together is both challenging and rewarding.
      I will be mocking up the bed wood to an early and late bed in the shop here shortly.
      I will try and take and document this as well as I can.

• texcwa
      texcwa commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt, Yes I do have the factory side panels and they are in decent shape, only rust damage is at a couple of the stake pockets. I also have a tailgate that is salvageable (with a open cut slot at center bottom that I believe you mentioned may of been used to spread out the feed) and some minimal rust but the rear fenders are pretty much toast and that's all I have. I enjoy figuring out puzzles but need all the pieces (and the $$$ for them).

Looks great Tex! I'm pretty new to the site and going thru a very similar journey on my 49.
    U.S. Army Veteran
    -1949 Power Wagon 'Sherman'
    -1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 'Audrey'
    -1993 Dodge W250 'Frank'
    -2016 Ram 3500 'Betty'

Comment

Lance, you have joined a fantastic group where many offer some great advice on these PW trucks. Feel free to post questions and we always enjoy seeing the work in progress so pics, pics, pics. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

Thanks brother! I'll put a thread together soon but if you'd like some advance pics feel free to check them out. https://schneider-electric.box.com/s...dtxeg74gwyae0o

Look forward to poking around the forum and getting you know you guys more. Don't mean to hijack your thread or the progress you've got.
        U.S. Army Veteran
        -1949 Power Wagon 'Sherman'
        -1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 'Audrey'
        -1993 Dodge W250 'Frank'
        -2016 Ram 3500 'Betty'

Comment

• texcwa
          texcwa commented
          Editing a comment
          Lance

One thing that is great about this group is that many follow a thread you set up, offer opinions, praise you on your work and find answers to questions/conditions that they are working on. It would be great if you started a new thread titled "My 1949 Power Wagon Project" or something like that where you could post a pic or two of what your starting with, your course of actions, ect. so we can follow your work, make suggestions and be amazed by your progress. We all know it takes time (I am into year 7 of my project). Look forward to knowing more about your intentions with your build.

Yes sir we try our best to help out all we can.
        Thank you for your support of PWA and welcome.
        Please ask away and enjoy!
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Welcome to the greatest side show on earth...

...well, in the neighborhood at the very least. Put it in low range and enjoy the ride.

cd
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor
          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
          X