1950 Power Wagon Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Power Wagon Restomod

Well, we've made some progress on the 1950.

Found a 1985 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 and have taken the axles, springs, transfer case, transmission and 360 as donor items for the 1950. We also plan to use the power steering and master cylinder.

This is significantly more work than I envisioned, but it's been mostly fun.....maybe have a bit less hair and a bit more gray. The axles and springs are under the frame. The engine, transmission and transfer case are on the frame. We just set the cab to get everything lined up and the firewall fabrication done. Plus the floor pan needed replacement and some fabrication. Once we get everything sorted out on the cab, we'll pull it back off for body work and paint.

Here are some pics.

The radiator is toast and we need about 1-1/2" more room for the fan. Probably going to have to have a custom radiator built.

I'll post some more pictures as the pedals, steering column, master cylinder, hand brake......all of that stuff come together. :)

Scott

IMG_4711.JPG
    IMG_4718.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG

Here are a couple of pictures of my Modified early 70's Radiator fit into a PW Shell for my V-8 Conversion.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I really like the way your floorpans, firewall, and center transmission hump have turned out. Looks great.
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks Matt.

W_A_WATSON - The radiator pics are helpful. I'll put that in the idea list. How does the filler neck come out the shell?

Comment

Thanks, It dosn't, I built a hollow stock filler neck that I can stick a hosed funnel through to get to the actual radiator filler neck.
          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Finished the floor and added the hanging pedals. Well mostly finished the floor other than the welds. You'll have to visualize different pedals for now. Also added the master cylinder. A couple of more items in fabrication and it'll be ready to take back apart for body work and paint.

PW New Floor 1.JPG
            PW New Floor 2.JPG
            PW Power Brakes.JPG
            Attached Files

Comment

The Brake booster looks like it fits very well up on the firewall, also do you have further pictures of the steering box mounted on the frame? It is coming together very well.
              1967 W200.aka.Hank
              1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
              2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Matt, I'll try to get some more pictures of the steering box mounted on the frame.

Comment

Here are some updated pics on the 1950. I tried to get a better picture of the PS pump attached to the frame. This is from a 85 Dodge W250. My father made a slight change to the dash as well.....you may or may not notice.

PW Floor Pan.jpg
                  PW Interior.jpg
                  PW Interior 2.jpg
                  PW PS Pump.jpg

Comment

Looking great! Keep the updates coming!

Comment

It's been awhile since I added any updates on this project. The big stuff is moving along and we're on to painting. I did not choose a standard power wagon color, but then again, there are now
                      several items that are not standard. This is Dodge F8 Green. I've seen it on some of the new Dodge Challengers. I'm sure the 80/20 rule is about to kick in and all the little stuff is going to take awhile. Maybe done by July. :)
                      8472.jpeg8271.jpeg8264.jpeg

Comment

I/we may have this done by the summer. What a project, but this is going to be a really cool truck. I'll add some more pictures when we get the box assembled and the interior finished up. It's getting pretty close. Left to do:

Gauges are rebuilt and going in soon. Some research and phone calls were in order to hook up 6v to 12v and a modern alternator.
                        Paint the bed sides, finish the wood and assemble the box.
                        Still need to install and hook up the tail/brake/turn lights.
                        We're having the heater core rebuilt. Once that's done the motor gets replaced and a little painting before the heater is reinstalled.
                        The headliner and dome light are probably the last thing that will go in.

10261-a.jpeg11290.jpeg

Comment

Getting closer every day.

PW New Passenger.jpgPW New Rear Driver.jpgPW New Rear Passenger.jpg

Comment

Your truck is looking good. Thanks for posting pictures

Comment

Working...
                            X