2-Post lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-Post lifts

I have a 10,000# 2-post lift recently installed and wondering where to place the lift arms correctly, I cannot find anything in the supplied lifting book. Any one using a 2-post lift on a WM300 care to show me where to place the lift arms on the frame rails safely either by pictures or measurements.
    The installer stated he has no clue.

Bob

Bob, I have had several of these trucks up on the lift, a few variables as far as weight and where the center of the truck is so to speak, Around the area of the forward most running board bracket and at the rear towards the front of the rear spring, spring hanger.
    I always, once up and check for balance as good as possible, I place a screw jack at the front and rear for a little piece of mind.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

• Bob2
      Bob2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt thanks, I'll give it a try later this week and let you know how it goes.
      Bob

Bob, I am looking for a lift for my future workshop and was wondering what lift you have and would you recommend it. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.
    Todd

Comment

I've been considering a 2-post for my shop as well, I know they have become way more affordable, and you even see some good used equipment as well. I'd be interested in hearing some more on this....

cd
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
      X