Help with Headliner Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Headliner Installation

Looking for help for installing a new headliner I got from VPW. Found a good older thread:

https://powerwagonadvertiser.com/for...ation-pictures

that shows several metal attachment strips (over top of doors and at front of headliner) but these pieces do not come with the headliner kit and I do not have them. Anyone know of a source for these or are there other options. Thanks

You'll have to find them from another cab, they're metal trim pieces that are screw to the cab to hold the headliner (and windlace around the doors). I imagine VPW would have used ones, should be the same for the 2WD cabs too, so maybe one of the other old Dodge suppliers would have them too.

Comment

I know VPW has the trim pieces above the doors. Do not know about the one at the front. Be prepared for small rust holes once you strip them of the old paint and rust. I was lucky that only one had minor issues.

Comment

Thanks for the response Tod, Yes, VPW did have all three pieces and I show that I will be receiving them tomorrow. I know they are used and am ready to blast them, only hope there in good shape although I was not able to find any reproduction ones anywhere.

Comment

Will be installing the headliner in a couple of weeks. I received the over door trims from VPW (and like Todd M mentioned, there was several small rust through holes "after blasting" in one of the over door trims but the other door trim and front cab trim were good). The headliner kit came with only 6 push in pins but it looks like I would need 2 for each rear sides and several for bottom piece under rear window (correct ?)

If anyone has (or could take) several pics of their headliner installed, it would be very helpful, Also, if anyone has any advise as to what order I should install the 6 pieces of headliner that came in the kit, that too would be helpful, I also do have the interior door lace that I guess help covers the raw sides of the back corner pieces and pillar pieces?

Any advise and photos would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X