Pictures of progress 54 FFPW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of progress 54 FFPW

I know I posted about electrical questions and I never showed what I am working on, so here's a few of my progress. thumbnail_IMG_20190627_222946528.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20190627_223006493.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20190627_223014995.jpg

Looks amazing! Great work, what kind of tires are those?

I love the way those look
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Since it's been a few months, I'm wondering if there are any updates? I like looking at the photos you posted. Like Matt Welcher, I'm wondering what kind of tires those are.

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delay in updates. I have attached a few more pictures. I received the bed, fenders, and running boards. I cleaned and primed them and have dry fitted them to make sure everything lines up. The bed boards I made from white oak. The cab and hood are at my buddies who is helping do the body work and paint. Right now, I'm in a holding pattern while he gets caught up with other projects. In the mean time, I've also finished re-springing and re-upholstering the seat and seat back. Once I got the engine and running gear installed, I really wanted to be able to start it and drive it to find if I had any issues BEFORE remounting the cab and doing the body work, so I built my makeshift seat you see in the pictures. The truck ran well and the only issues I found are stubborn leaks around the PTO shaft seals. I've tried tapping them in a bit deeper to no avail and was thinking of trying what someone on here has mentioned and that is getting another seal and doubling them up since the originals were much thicker than the current replacements. Any pointers on that would be awesome.

The tires I got are: Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT 37X12.50R17 Load D 8 Ply M/T Mud Tire

Picture2.jpgPicture3.jpgPicture1.jpg

Comment

Great pics, looks like it's coming along nicely! I don't have any particular tips for the seals you were talking about, but I have heard of people doing what you mention. Of course, make sure the shafts are absolutely smooth for best sealing, but I'm sure you know that. And thanks for the info on the tires.

Comment

Working...
          X