Disassembly of winch drive shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disassembly of winch drive shaft

Hey guys I have the U-joints removed from all my drive shafts on my 50 PW all went very good and came apart as expected. Then I started looking at the winch drive shaft and its different I think I found the lock clips on the inside of the yoke and they look like they but up against a piece of steel that is part of the yoke, do you know if this is true? Also on taking the U-joint out of the drive shaft can I press it out like all the others or does the one come apart differently it does not look like its got standard caps on the ends of the U-joint, it there a different method to remove the U-joints on this shaft?
    I have all the books I can get my hands on they have nothing concerning the winch drive shaft? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Thanks much
    Karl

They could be c clips in the inside of the cups, sometimes they will rotate with a punch and a hammer till you see the ends then try to hit both ends to knock them loose, two punches and coordination or something to contact both ends will usually get them apart

Comment

Matthew between what you told me and some time with a pick I found the clips and got them out thanks very much for your input on this subject very much appreciated!
      Karl

Comment

Working...
      X