Oil pump O-ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pump O-ring

Hey guys as always I have yet another question for you more knowledgeable than I folks. I got my oil pump all cleaned up today and puled the cover off and the pump looks really good inside in fact it look like I can just put it back together and all is good except that there is a rubber seal under the cover that surrounds the pump assembly then the cover goes on over that and seals the pump. Do you know where I can buy this seal from? The gear drive for the pump look very good with virtually no obvious wear on it but with that said is there any other parts that I should be looking at and or replacing before I put it back together?
    Thanks much guys!

Hi Karl, I have no idea about the seal. Sounds like your making good progress. Craig

Comment

Thanks much Craig but now days the progress has been slowing greatly as my list of needed parts keeps getting longer and I am trying very hard to stay out of the city because of the virus, I have cleaned and powder coated just about every part that can use it now I need U-joints front leaf springs and all the drive shafts powder coated heck half the services I need are closed for now Craig! And yes you may have noticed I am not the worlds most patient individual!
      With that all said (sorry for my rant) as per the title to this thread concerning the seal on the oil pump for this Power Wagon, I talked to a couple folks who are very knowledgeable on this subject and both told me that they have never seen that seal replaced or ever available? OK with that statement coming from two different folks I purchased a new pump from VPW! I can rebuild anything and have a pretty good idea on how its going to work when done Craig, but I am not going to mess with an oil pump, its a brand new rebuilt engine I wont take any chances on that!
      Thanks again for your progress encouragement Craig its appreciated!
      You and yours take care and stay healthy!
      Karl

Comment

Working...
      X