Power side steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power side steps

I am trying to find out if anyone has installed power side steps to the original running boards. Any help would be great. Thanks Todd

I’ve been pursuing the web looking for the same answer. I would like to do the same. I neighbor installed some rock crawler type auto boards on his new Jeep Rubicon. I know it’s not the same just wondering if the same or similar would work under the sideboards of a FFPW.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong I love the FFPW but it is a little hard the climb in, an auto step would make it awesome as long as it retracted under the sideboard. Facing a bracket I think would be the challenge.

Comment

That is what I have been trying to figure out. I have a hard time getting it to a point where they do not show. Will probably have to modify the arm length of the step to get it to look reasonable.

Comment

Yes sir. Seems like I saw a pic of a Legacy PW and you could see the step under the running board (small gap). I personally would like it a little tighter. I’m no fabricator but know some guys that may be able to help figure it out, maybe. If I learn something I’ll be sure to share.

Comment

This may be an application for the milk-crate-on-a-tether, simple yet effective...

...they are quite stylish in certain circles, and multi-purpose to boot.

cd
            1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
            1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
            2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
            1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
            1954 Ford 860 tractor
            1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
            UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
            X