Front leaf spring measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front leaf spring measurements

Hey guys its been awhile since I have been here been busy getting my M37 ready to sell but back on the PW now! I have a question I hope somebody can help me out with, I had new front leaf springs made for my PW its a 1950 and my question is what is the desired measurement from the center of the rear leaf spring frame support to the center of the leaf spring assembly bolt in the middle of the leaf spring itself? Again this is all on the front leaf assembly. My next question, is it standard to have one shock mount on the front axle housing assembly and one on the rear? If this is the case what side does the shock mount on?
    Thanks much guys I hope I made this question more plain than MUD, and any help would be appreciated!

Karl

Hi Karl

Glad to hear you are making progress. I still on my third members and front knuckles. Not sure of spring measurements. As for the shock mounts mine are both on the front and none on the rear. It was explained to me that irear shocks were an option on the PW that came with a price any many opted not to go the expense. No one I’ve talked to has or knows anyone that has rear shock mounts for a PW. I have noticed a lot of the M601 and ambulances had the rear shocks. I have a friend tha has a M601 with the frame mounts and I’m going o ask him if I came take one to a fabricator to duplicate the mount. I thing the lower rear hangers on the M37 with shock studs will work to complet3 the mount.

Take care
    Craig

Comment

Craig great to hear from you again the 3rd member is taking you longer than I thought it would? As far as the shock mounts on the front that definitely helps to know that I suspected it but did not know for sure, thanks for the info! Now I just need somebody to chime in on the measurement I need and I can hopefully get my front drive line mounted, I had springs made and I need these measurements to make sure the placement of my axle housing assembly is correct! How is the rest of your truck coming, and bigger hurdles than anticipated Craig?

Comment

I finished my 3rd members but didn’t know how to set the backlash so I sent them to have that set. After spending the dough for the complete set of bearings and new ring and pinion I didn’t want it to be screwed up. Knuckles completely rebuilt, rebuilt (dual pot window) NP435, trans case all new bearings and seals. Now need to find a reverse steering Saginaw gear for the power steering conversion. Have the 4 wheel disc break kit. Now need to go get the 318 I’m going to put in. Just need time and more money. Body shop has finished the cab and fenders repair waiting on me to pick a color. Also had to order a complete bed assembly.

Take care
        Craig

Comment

Karl

hopefully someone one will reply with the answer. To be honest your the only one that has ever responded to my posts. I’ve also sent some PMs to no avail. Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with my subscription.

Craig

Comment

Hello guys, I will find this information out for you in the morning.
            feel free to call or text me personally if you have issues or questions about your subscription or your truck.
            641 919 0663.
            1967 W200.aka.Hank
            1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
            2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
            X