Cummins referral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins referral

Im bouncing back and forth between repowering with a 4BT cummins or adding an OD. Adding the OD is more familiar to me as Ive done it to a LBC but now Im back to thinking about changing to a Cummins 4BT - dont know the differances on the 4BT's (4BT4 vs isb vs just 4BT) ....but my question here is not which way to go, but have any of you heard of or purchased from Chad Mckinny LLC out of Cincinnati OH? he seems to advertise a lot of these engines

4BT's are older mechanical injection pump(rotary or inline) equipped engines, ISB is the modern electronic common-rail version.

Comment

Check out Big Bear Engine, Denver.

Comment

I have a 4BTA in my M37 restomod build. Its at a builder now for finishing and fitting out.
        I relied heavily on the trailblazing about the 4BT Cummins on this by Paul Mierop in NY state.
        Paul is very upfront about the pros and cons, the cons mainly involving the expense of this conversion.
        I know some about this, there is a limited aftermarket for Cummins parts, and so one needs to be aware, if an engine rebuild is done, you are going to be buying genuine Cummins (Chrome C) parts.
        My truck should be awesome off road and on. I've got an NV4500 in it to give it the OD gear, PS, Power disc brakes, ARB lockers and also 4.89 diffs along with other things.

Comment

Working...
        X