clutch and brake pedal bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch and brake pedal bushings

Hey guys I have a question I have started working on my brake and clutch pedals in my truck and have a question, are there bushings in the pedals where the pin goes through them? I am buying new pins but have seen nothing about bushings in them. My pins both had a little wear on them but have not been able to figure out if there are bushings? Any thoughts?
    Karl

Hi Karl. Both bushings and pins are replaceable and serviceable. If you want smooth pedal action and less chance of pedal-to-floor-firewall interference, change out both and keep them greased.

The bushings are a bronze type and are easily pressed out and replaced. The are available by size at quality parts stores or by application through VPW.

CD

1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Cheyenne Dave thanks much for the info and I will do both pins and bushings!!

Comment

Karl,

Perhaps I should have gone into further detail in my answer. While pressing in new bushings isn't a tough task, you will likely find that upon a test fit, the new pin may not fit the bore of the new bushing. These bushings, like spring eye bushings for example, need to be reamed to fit, There are various pilot reamers available that are suited to this task.

cd
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
        1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor
        1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
        UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Cheyenne Dave I got the bushings from Steve at VPW just getting everything ready to powdercoat before installing. One piece that I could not get from VPW was that shaft with the mount that all the 4 wd and the Hi/LO lever fit on I ended up making one on the lathe just have to drill the one hole in it and done

Comment

Working...
          X