Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle splines

Happy New Year everyone!
    '49 B1 PW. 9 5/8" frt axle. Looking for lock-outs. How many splines on the outer axle shafts?

Axle spline count is 14. Original Warn model was M-13. There is at least one reproduction hub that looks very similar to the Warn and there are others.

cd
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

• Stab
      Stab commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

In the interest of accuracy, we have 16 spline axles not 14 spline. Would guess Cheyenne Dave made a typo in his response to you. He has a good deal of expertise in this area. There was not an option for lock out hubs on your 49, this option came along in the mid 50's and was typically a Warn M-13 - however these are virtually impossible to find now. M-Series Rebuild makes a spectacular reproduction of the Warn M-13 https://www.mseriesrebuild.com/buy_sale.html and you can also consider the AVM hub sold by Vintage Power Wagons.
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Tim is correct, 16 tooth is the original spline count.
      Additionally, i did not mean to infer that the m-13 warn hub was stock equipment, only that the original warn hub model was m-13
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. 16 tooth it is.
        Yes my B1 will not be 100% original, so the lock outs need not be specific to '49
        I mainly wanted to be able to "snag" a pair if they presented themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X