Really Need A Frame-ectomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Need A Frame-ectomy

I am doing brake work in my '65 WM300 and noticed (another) crack in my frame, this one is in a more critical spot behind the DS spring shackle in front of the fender bracket. This will be the 3rd I have fish plated and it's time to consider the frame swap. Barring not being able to find an OE frame in good condition, what are the alternative options? I am a metal fabricator, so massaging something to fit would be fine, but I want to keep stock running gear etc. and not change the stance.

Matt Tisdale makes the reproduction frame rails, have you seen those?
    Could be an option, depending on budget?
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Good to know, my truck is currently wearing some of his rear fenders from what I remember.

Comment

Here are pictures of his frame rails.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks for those, interesting he chose to use tubing rather than a formed channel. Are holes pre drilled for the various parts or no?

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
            Matthew Welcher PWA commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes sir, as I recall the material is thick enough that it is Drilled and tapped

Great, I don't see that listed on his site, I'll give him a call as to the cost.

Comment

Also. looking at the frame schematic, how does he get away with the frame rails being equal width front to back?
            FRAME.JPG

Comment

Working...
            X