Please Help ID Distributor Model #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help ID Distributor Model #

DIZ1.png My distributor has no tag or stamped numbers on it, can anyone tell me the model number? It's from an 1965 WM300.

DIZ2.png

DIZ3.png

I cannot tell you the model number, but Believe that is referred to as a small Cap Vacuum advance distributor. By looking at the cap and rotor. There are a few odd balls out there that have a small cap rotor and cap, but use large cap points. The points basicially mount and install opposite of each other.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks. I found a Pertronix kit in a box of parts labeled for mid 60's six, but the rotor is too tall to fit. Steve at VPW said to pull the number off the diz and call Pertronix customer service and they could tell what kit i need based on that number. Maybe someone will chime who knows that minutiae.

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
        Matthew Welcher PWA commented
        Editing a comment
        And no tag on the bottom side of the distributor?
        What is the part number on the pertronix kit?
        That shouldnt have any effect on the rotor?
        The kit normally replaces the entire plate that the points attach to?

It's 1361, I have seen reference that the appropriate Pertronix part is 1381.
      THere is definitely no plate on the side opposite the vacuum advance. I took a mirror to see all sides and wire brushed to see if numbers could be stamped in the body.

Comment

"That shouldnt have any effect on the rotor?
        The kit normally replaces the entire plate that the points attach to?"

The issue is that the Pertronix rotor is taller and can only be seated as far as the shaft on the distributor will allow, it is too tall for the cap to be put on.
        I actually should change and adjust the points so I when I do so I will get a better sense, it's been a while since I have put these kits in but I think what I am observing is correct even though the stock electrics are still in place while doing so.

Comment

I have never seen the pertronix kits come with a rotor?
          let me look up that number and see what it gives for information.
          I know the pertronix website can be difficult to use at times.
          Would you mind sharing what came in the kit?
          Postin pictures or emailing me?
          I will see what I can help you with.
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

It's a 2 part piece, the rotor "head" (the part with the pick ups) snaps into the magnetic ring. I'll post some pics tommorow.

*Edit: That said, I wonder if it can be run without the head part connected?

Comment

Working...
            X