TO bearing spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO bearing spring

Hello guys I seem to have exhausted my research on this issue and am requesting assistance please! I put my clutch together this weekend and installed the transmission and all is fine I did not install the TO bearing spring yet. Here are my questions. In what position should the TO bearing sit inside the folks I have the tab with the hole in it at the 12:00 position is this right ? The tab on the TO bearing is where the short stocky spring attaches to on one end and then to the bolt sticking down from the bell housing? I had a fellow yesterday tell me that that short stocky spring attaches to the sleeve on the transmission? What is that all about? Next in looking at the Mopar parts list 47-56 they also show what looks like ANOTHER spring that attaches to the fork shaft it looks to pull the TO bearing to the rear and it appears to hook into that tab with the hole in it on the TO bearing itself? I am completely confused at this point and help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Thanks much
    Karl

The spring pulls the bearing and sleeve against the clutch fork, the 12 :00 position is correct as you stated in your post.

Frank

Comment

Working...
    X