Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Bed and Stake Pocket dimensions

Hi,
    I'm looking for the stake pocket dimensions for my '48 B1-PW. Previous owners removed the stock bed so I'm trying to fabricate an original looking 4 pocket bed to replace what was there from the factory. I've found some of the other bed measurements (thanks to GYMAN98's posts) and can probably figure out some of what I don't have.
    There's a local sheet metal shop that can cut/bend the side panels for me. Can probably have them bend up the stake pockets too once I have an idea of the sizes. I'll order the front panel, tailgate and rear fenders from VPW.
    I'll take any other bed measurements (crossmembers?) or drawings that anyone would like to share- that would help confirm the dimensions I have so far.
    Thanks!!
    20221127_143434_1600x778.jpg

I may have what your'e looking for. I fabricated a box for my WDX and should have some dimensions somewhere.

Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank! Appreciate anything you can come up with.
      Harry

Comment

​ Found some drawings, but no stake pocket drawings, still looking.

Comment

Forgot to add the build was featured in the March 2000 Power Wagon Advertiser.

Frank

Comment

Hi Frank, Wow- I'll have to look for your build!
            I think I may have found the rough measurements- looks like around 2.5x4. Do you have any other drawings of the sides that you can share? I'm a little unsure of the top of the fender cutout and position front to back.Do you know what size tubing you used for the top of the sides?
            Thanks again,
            Harry

Comment

Hi Frank, I think I have what I need - GYMAN98 provided a few more measurements. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Found another drawing.
                Attached Files

Comment

Too bad your located on the opposite coast from me, I have both side panels that I would let go for a good price. With that said, both panels are sitting on the back of my garage and I can take any measurements you may need (ref to my thread called "49 PW Truck Bed Help" on this site), it has a couple of pics of the bed sides. If you draw up a sketch and identify areas of needed dimensions, I can fill in the blanks for you.

Comment

Hi, Thank you- I think I have most of the dimensions but may take you up on the offer when I start the assembly. Just got the side panels back from the back from the local steel supply house. They bent up side pockets also. Everything looks pretty good- The sides are heavy, they used 12GA steel. Looking forward to getting all the pieces together.

Comment

Good luck and post some pics as you start your assembly. I wanted to put the original bed back on my truck but all I had were the side panels and acquiring all the other bed components seemed like a difficult and costly process so just went with a flat bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X