Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leece-Neville 28 Volt 60 Amps Alternator

Hi,

Have an Alternator that i need to take apart. One of the poles on the back has come loose and fallen out of its seat. Its's more or less impossible to reseat it without taking it apart.
    Anyone have a service manual for the alternator or can tell me if it’s a matter of force to separate the front form the back?
    The three bolts holding it together is removed. I can create a small gap at the centre of the alternator, (where the aluminium front and back meets with the steel "ring" at centre) but I’m afraid something breaks if i use to much force.
    There is an aluminium "disc" with 3 holes in it at the back, around the shaft, looks like a special tool is needed to unscrew it (if it’s a nut). Have tried moving it gently but it's soft material and I’m afraid to break it.
    It's a Leece-Neville Co Type A0012124AA for a 1969 FFPW Power Wagon that served in the Danish Army.
    A service manual would be nice, but if some one here has taken one apart and can tell me how to i would appreciate it
    :)

Attached Files

Well i found out how to separate it, used a three armed bearing puller and grabbed the front of the housing and pulled it off. This gave me enough room to get the bolt back inn.
    It also made it easier to sand and paint the housing :) I'm also going to change the front bearing.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X