Warn locking hubs - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn locking hubs - help needed

So I have a set of Warn locking hubs on a 57 Power Wagon and was wanting to put them on my completed 48.

Before I start taking them off I was hoping someone has a manual or steps that I can follow so I don’t get in over my head. I hope it is as simple as taking the 6 bolts off, slide them off, and then put them on the other truck. But it never seems to be that way.

Any guidance would be great. Special tools needed for the job? Tricks I should be aware of to get them off.
    Attached Files

Tod. When I started my restoration 10 years ago, I got a set of new Superwinch Locking hubs that fit perfectly on my 49. If your Warn hubs do not work out, you may want to check into these.
    Attached Files

Comment

Have you dug into your old M-13's yet?
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

I haven't seen a manual on those and have just this week been digging for replacement parts for some myself!
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Well last week I was able to finally get off the 7/16 x 3/8 double ended studs so the hubs could be installed. 1 of the 12 studs required a stud removal tool as the double nut method was not working. The hubs look good besides the age shown on the outside and will be finally installed when I get back into town.

Comment

Working...
          X