1956 Fargo Progress Report / Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sculpted stake pocket

I don't have a bead roller so I did my best without it and produced the first stake pocket for the 56 Fargo express 2nd series bed. I am building the bed sides from scratch since I have not found a decent bed for sale in this area.

Comment

Picture of the stake pocket

Here is the picture I missed the last post, hopefully this one loads o/
      Attached Files

Comment

Those look great jake

I thought you were going to water jet them from solid blocks of chrome moly ? Nice work . I may have a line on a 42 dodge panel coming up for sale around your kneck of the woods. I would most likely only want a couple of parts of it. If it comes up i will let you know- might be a great source for material/parts.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
          I have a question,What is this ? (in the red square...). Is it a support for anything or?//Mattias
          Smokey,

Sorry I missed your earlier question. That is the connection/support for my Winch setup. I have a 2" receiver built into the winch bracket, and to ensure the winch is well (over) anchored and that when I use the receiver the load gets transfered into the frame, I built this to do the job. The winch 2" ID tube slides over this 2" OD tube and then over four 3/4" bolts facing forward from the front bumper sections. A pin through the two intersecting tubes, and then four lug nuts hold it all in place.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I thought you were going to water jet them from solid blocks of chrome moly ? Nice wo

Hey Bruce.
            Thanks for the complimnt,coming from an experienced fbricator like you means alot.
            If you need help with the panel let me know,I have trailer and truck here if it helps at all.
            Nice work W.A. on the winch mount

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              I don't have a bead roller so I did my best without it and produced the first stake pocket for the 56 Fargo express 2nd series bed. I am building the bed sides from scratch since I have not found a decent bed for sale in this area.
              Wow, Jake that looks great! What are you using for a pattern?

Comment

Pattern

Hey Phil,
                I used an old pocket from a 1 ton B series dodge. The picture shows that they are slightly different in appearance and my prototype is missing the profiled face of the original, once my bead roller shows up for Christmas I may be able to reproduce the face profile to some degree??
                Attached Files

Comment

Rear box plate???

Can anyone tell me if and where I can buy a new rear box plate. That may not be the right terminology but its the piece of metal that usually has the licence plate as well as the middle tailgate hinge attached to it??

Comment

Very nice work, looks like you're well on the way towards reproducing the 2nd series bed side. If you need any additional measurements my 2nd series is still disassembled.

As far as the rear piece, is this what you meant? (not the big bumper)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yep

That's the piece I need alright.
                      Nice work on your bed Phil, any pictures you want to post would be much appreciated.

Comment

That's a pretty old shot, but still haven't made much progress regardless.

That rear valence is a piece of tin, quite a bit lighter than the rest of the truck. You could probably make one in your sleep. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Can anyone tell me if and where I can buy a new rear box plate. That may not be the right terminology but its the piece of metal that usually has the licence plate as well as the middle tailgate hinge attached to it??
                          Jake,
                          Mar-K is now making the rear valance you asked about....www.mar-k.com

Kevin

Comment

Rear Valance

Hey Kevin,
                            Thanks for the tip, I think I'll place an order instead of trying to build it from scratch.

Comment

Also try www.horkeyswoodandparts.com. I bought my rear valance from them and was truly impressed. I'm not sure what series bed you have, but it does make a difference. Jim

Comment

Thanks 1980cr

I can;t find it at MARK K, I'll check out this link.

Comment

Working...
                                X