Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle number info please

since i cant search on here ill ask.

i know my axle is a dana 44 but here are some of the numbers ive found on the axle and the ring gear.

lower left side of punkin has a big "3" and below that 620121 R(?)

lower right side 44-84 (obviously the 44 is dana 44)

stamped into the front of the punkin under the diff cover flange OE0021

stamped into the ring gear 6 20 77 DANA E A 3066 18437 46-13 2

Seems to me, someone here has a Dana Book or chart with the answers for you???
    46 ring gear teeth and 13 pinion gear teeth would be a 3.54?

Comment

3.55 gears (while correct) just doesnt seem to coinside with how the truck drove, you know using my calibrated butt lol.

was hoping for atleast some 4.10s and was wishing for some 4.56's since it was a DOT truck.

thanks.

Comment

somewhere on pirate4x4.com they have a link to download Dana BOM (bill of materials) charts where you can look up what you've got. It's been a while since I've been there and it's a BIG download. If you gotta lotta time check into it.

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
          3.55 gears (while correct) just doesnt seem to coinside with how the truck drove, you know using my calibrated butt lol.

was hoping for atleast some 4.10s and was wishing for some 4.56's since it was a DOT truck.

thanks.
          I was just thinking out loud, you need the BOM to verify those numbers. I'm assuming that those numbers correspond to the ring and pinion, but perhaps not, the BOM will verify.

Comment

so when i find the BOM is there a link or something to look at that explains it?

Comment

yup they are 3.54 gears, when i took the rear diff cover off to reseal it i found the axle tag.

(after cleaning of course)

Comment

Well, my math still works....= )
                There was a reference to a souce for DANA BOM info, did you try that web page?

Comment

Working...
                X