X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full time bearing install help!

Hi new guy here in NE Kansas

I got a embarrasing situation.

I took apart a 76 full time 4x4 a month ago,it needed new hubs because of spun races,well i got the hubs,bearings seals and and a press,but i forgot how to press them on!!!

Im going to say what i think how it goes and can somebody please tell me if im right or wrong!!I feel stupid,here goes:

Hub is sitting bearing side up on my press:

First goes on the outer flange or what its called with new seal
    Then bearing with taper facing towards(up) you,then race,then steel ring,then race then bearing????????
    I buffaloed myself on this but the way i wrote this the ring is between the back sides of the races (same size)so you can preload the bearings in the truck any other way it seams wrong,i appriate any help.

Also been searching for the answer here of and on for a week before i registered ,i cant beleive i havnt seen this forum before,i was blown away!!!

I love Dodge trucks but drive Fords!Sorry but i can say most of the time i see from the inside of a Dodge truck is in a mint 79 Lil Red that i do the work on,i fell in love with Dodge trucks through that truck,love it!

But to save me from hate mail,i only own MoPar cars,never anything else,i am building a 56 Savoy at the moment.Thanks for any help....Jason

Best I recollect the races (cups) go in first. Maybe AdventureSport will be of help here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,thats why i posted this cause i though the same but the ring doesnt seem right against that edge of outer races,thanks again.

Comment

l hate to send people off site but if you go on RCC in the HOWTO section they have a complete rebuild write up

Comment

I got it figured out and back together!!Thanks men

Comment

Working...
          X