1983 D150 Royal questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pieter View Post
    I was once told that in all the searching for various shocks, there are only really two manufactures in the world that made all the various brands of shocks. Or at least common use, everyday type shocks.

I've always wondered the validity of the statement, but in a way I could see it being true.
    At one time, that was true. Heckethorn was the manufacturer of Monroe, Gabriel, Rough Country, Rancho and others.
    Then Tenneco bought some of them and I lost track.
    Tenneco owns:
    Monroe
    Walker
    Rancho
    DynoMax
    Clevite Elastomers
    Gillet
    Fonos
    Fric-Rot
    Kinetic
    Thrush
    DNX

Comment

1983 D150 questions

This is a totally new question regarding the D150.
      It has a Holley 2 barrel carb on it now that is jetted for Denver (it has the smallest jets that Holley makes in it),and it runs terrible
      I am looking at either getting a complete rebuild or at replacing the carb entirely.
      Since I have never had this situation before I am wondering if I am stuck with a Holley or if I can get any brand of carb for this truck? I have heard many people refer to Holley carbs as "boat anchors" and things not printable
      Talking with several people I have had several suggest another brand carb and would like some ideas as to what is available and what would be a good application for this truck.
      It is a 318 and has a 727 in it and I am basically looking for a good carb that will give trouble free performance and will give enough gas to the truck so that it runs well and and performs well. I am not looking to do any towing or hauling with it but may use it for chores, plus Mopar car shows
      Thanks everyone
      DB69

Comment

Tom,
        Have you tried NAPA? How about Summit Racing or Jegs? Any one of
        these places should have an '83 carb. Try running part# HOL641175
        by your parts guy at NAPA.... I think its the Carter BBD model. They
        list for $204 plus a $12 core. They can confirm if it fits your application.
        John

Comment

1983 D150 questions

I was able to get a Chrysler parts manual for the truck off egay. I am thinking this would help me and anyone else with either a 1982 0r 1983 Dodge truck. will post applications when I get the book. I already have a Chrysler service manual for the truck
          DB69

Comment

Working...
          X