• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 452 Buildup

1975 440 .060 over

New 5140 Forged I Beams 6.760 and 1.094 pins

Comment

I'm waiting on forged pistons, billet main caps + studs, and bearings so I can get the block machined. I've got my 906 heads being rebuilt, my crank ground, and I'm getting my new rods cleaned up. I hope I don't regret those I beam rods...

Comment

... a Tim Allen fan or Startrek

DISTURBEDS10... MORE POWER... I NEED MORE POWER...

gotta luv a heavy foot...

Comment

Can't ever have tooo much hp....which explains the forged internals. I'm going with atleast a 125 shot >;-) lol why can't this site have smileys that are good!

Its going to be a little more than I planned, but should still snatch a trailer around ;-D

Comment

Billet mains + studs will be ordered Wed.
            Pistons are backordered till July 22nd now!

I'm going to have teh heads cc'd so I can figure out exactly what c/r I will end up with. Might luck out and be able to use other pistons that are available now and cheaper :-)

Comment

Any one have a set of .060 forged pistons? I'm getting tired of the domes being on backorder that changes days every time I check with Summit. I will take either flat tops or domes...I just need to get it done, without blowing $$$ on custom pistons.

Comment

Check out http://www.440source.com/

Comment

440source only has .060 for the 543 stroker rods. Nothing for stock stroke

Comment

.060 over piston question...

what is the difference between stock and stroker piston?

does the wrist pin height change ?

inquiring minds...

Comment

Yes the wrist pin height changes depending on the crank and rod stroke length

Comment

Muscle Motors out of Michigan used to be a big supplier of big block mopar stuff, don't know if there still around though, worth a google.

Comment

Well plans changed....

Well I found out I have a new full time job, so the build plan has changed. I'm selling the I beam rods. I looked everywhere online for a set of .060 stock stroke pistons with no luck. Everything was backordered. I got a quote from Diamnond Racing for $1000 for custom forged dome pistons. Idk if that's high or not, or I need to keep shopping....But it made me seriously consider things. So after adding it all up it will be cheaper in the long run to just get whatever setup I can that uses .060 pistons. I am now saving for a 440source or Speed-O-Motive 543 kit. $1897 from 440source. Just have to start saving instead of trying to do the little stuff in with the big stuff. I am waiting on the billet mains since I have to get those before the block goes to the shop. And I am going with some nice aluminum heads. Either Edelbrock Victors or something from Indy or Mopar. It will take longer but I am sure I will be happier in the end.

Comment

Working...
                          X