Looking for 74 w-200 gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 74 w-200 gas tank

Hello, This is my first time on here. I have a 74 W-200 Crew Cab Former Fire Truck @ Talladega Airport 36,000 miles and zero rust. I am doing a complete restoration and was lucky enough to find a bed for it with no rust as well. The truck has a fuel tank behind the seat and the new bed has a filler tube for an external tank. Any help in locating a tank to go under the truck would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hemibob67

Not sure where you are, but I have a tank from a 1982 that would probably work...

I am in Michigan.

Pieter

Comment

'74 W200 gas tank

I don't know where you are located, but if your interested in selling your "behind the seat" tank and its in good shape, I would be interested in buying.
      Thanks

Comment

Gas Tank

Hi, I am in Ft. Wayne Indiana. What part of MI are you in. (260) 249-5429 Bob
        Originally posted by pieter View Post
        Not sure where you are, but I have a tank from a 1982 that would probably work...

I am in Michigan.

Pieter

Comment

Gas Tank.

Hello, Yes I will sell it if I can find the right one for under the truck. Im just outside Ft. Wayne IN

Originally posted by 75 Dodge W300 Po View Post
          I don't know where you are located, but if your interested in selling your "behind the seat" tank and its in good shape, I would be interested in buying.
          Thanks

Comment

Gas tank

Hi Bob,
            I have a tank that should fit, I just remover it from my 74 W100 thats going to the crusher. It's in good shape as it's plastic, the fuel sender is still installed and I think it actually works??
            You can have it. Only problem is I'm in Milford, NH. I can ship it or we can find one of these good Dodge folks to deliver it??
            Dave Fraser

Comment

Gas Tank

Wow! This website and Mopar lovers rule. I have been looking for this tank for about 2 months and now in just one day I found one. Yes Dave I definately want that tank. Please give me a call and let me know what you want for it and how I can arrange the shipping and I would really appreciate it. Bob (260) 249-5429 THANKS!

Originally posted by Dave F View Post
              Hi Bob,
              I have a tank that should fit, I just remover it from my 74 W100 thats going to the crusher. It's in good shape as it's plastic, the fuel sender is still installed and I think it actually works??
              You can have it. Only problem is I'm in Milford, NH. I can ship it or we can find one of these good Dodge folks to deliver it??
              Dave Fraser

Comment

Dave say it isn't so

are you crushing the "Rally sign" dump truck? Yard art like that don't come around every day. I'm going to call the town and request the 74 flatbed dump be landmark protected!

Comment

Rally truck

LOL!! Heck no, she needs to perform again this year. This is my old, tired, worn out, no floors left plow truck I've been using the past 4 years. It was ready for the crusher when I rescued it and put it to work.

Comment

Hey hemibob -

I am in Rochester Hills Michigan. Are you going to the Indiana Dodge Rally on the 16th and 17th of May in New Haven, Indiana hosted by Ron?

I don't know that I can have that tank to you by then as I don't have a truck now, but I know Ron is going to be coming up to my place at some point to get some parts...

Unless you really want to bring in a tank from NH.

Pieter

Comment

Hey hemibob -

I am in Rochester Hills Michigan.

Pieter
                      Way off this thread but how did the trip home in the Dart turn out I see you made it home

Comment

Gas Tank

Hello Pieter,
                        I will definately go to the rally if you can tell me where to get info on it. New Haven is 10 minutes away and I dont know anything about it.
                        I have not heard anything back from Dave yet about the tank in NH, but I am kind of anxious to get one because the truck is almost ready for paint and I will have to patch the hole in the cab if I get one. Somebody from a junkyard told me that the only tank that will work is a 74 or 75. Does anyone know if that is true.
                        Any info that you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Hey hemibob -

I am in Rochester Hills Michigan. Are you going to the Indiana Dodge Rally on the 16th and 17th of May in New Haven, Indiana hosted by Ron?

I don't know that I can have that tank to you by then as I don't have a truck now, but I know Ron is going to be coming up to my place at some point to get some parts...

Unless you really want to bring in a tank from NH.

Pieter

Comment

oldmopar - I wasn't exactly home when I posted this previous message. I am home now. The Dart is in my driveway as well. Put over 800 miles on it so far bringing it home.

I'll keep quiet on the details, but somethings did come up and we found ways around them.

I will probably sit down and write down the entire experience and share it with those that might find it interesting. There are a couple of you out there who have gotten tidbits already :0)

For the record, I would do it again in a heartbeat... Would be better if it was a open cab WC or somthing really kewl like that where I could send the story to Gordon.

A Dart is better then no car at all and all I can really say is it's a pretty decent car for the price and should meet my needs fairly well.

Big thanks to Andrew and family in New Jersey for the car and putting up with me for a week. Then Ron in Indiana for the Saturday pitstop.

Hemibob -
                          guess we need to find out about the gas tank for sure. I don't know why an 82 tank wouldn't work. The frames are all the same, unless it is missing a cross-member or the slots for the straps... The junkyard by me has 70's trucks and will go there and see what they have.

The Indiana rally info can be found here:
                          http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ead.php?t=9599

Comment

Pieter, I will wait to see the Dart story to be published. I drove a 75 dart for about 8-10 years as my main car back in the late 70's
                            Ed

Comment

74 fuel tank

Bob, here is a picture of the tank I pulled out of my 74 W100. It fits along the left side frame rail, just foward of the rear axle. Will this work for ya?
                              Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X