93 W350 Front springs advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 W350 Front springs advice please

I have a 93 w350 with a cummins, 200,000 miles with sagging front springs. I added a winch and heavy bumper and am now looking for new springs to level the truck out, anybody else done this already ? I have found a few places selling factory style 1900 lb springs for $150.00 to $270.00 but would need to add one more leaf per side, which then adds more $ and i am just guessing if it will give me the dessired result.

Your best bet is to check around your area and see if there are any spring shops. Take your truck in, tell them what you want and they will build you custom springs.

There are a couple spring places that will build them to your specifications and then ship them to you and you install.

Pieter

Comment

beefier springs...

PROFABBER... try www.eatonsprings.com in Detroit in business since 1937... stock, beefier and custom work ( they do a lot of cruiser/street rod stuff also)

OE supplier to GM and Ford...

I've seen a lot of references at car shows and Detroit Autorama...

his wife drives a great white 61 or 62 corvette looks GREAT...don't know about the car

all should check out MIKES PAGE on his website for a good chuckle or some good "words of wisdom" ; > )
      Last edited by rickt4498; 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: stupid fingers can't spell...

Comment

springs

There is a lot of aftermarket support for those trucks, such as http://4wheelonline.com/Categories.a...tegoryId=25288 With all that weight on the front of your truck, a mild lift wouldn't hurt.

Buying a kit will get you the new bushings (but not frame-end shackle bushings), u-bolts etc which should be used to do it right. When the springs are out is the perfect time to replace the spring bushings (6 on front.) On my '91 W250 CTD I replaced all the bushings with urethane ( http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/dgt2.html ), replaced the shackle bolts with greaseable bolts, and replaced the shackles with these: http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...dium-p-60.html.

Comment

If you replace as opposed to re-arch, make sure its for a diesel and not gas. Sounds obvious but I've heard of that happening.

What I wish is that we had a company making airbags for the front. That would be sweet. I've seen some home made setups using bags but nothing aftermarket.
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
            If you replace as opposed to re-arch,
            If it were me, I would not re-arch. From what I've heard and seen, most attempts to re-arch your existing springs just leads then to start sagging within a year or so...

Comment

Originally posted by pieter View Post
              If it were me, I would not re-arch. From what I've heard and seen, most attempts to re-arch your existing springs just leads then to start sagging within a year or so...
              Yea I think it depends on the quality of the shop. I've heard some that settle right back to where they were and some that are good for years after, especially if another leaf is added.

Alcans are appearantly the after market of choice. If you have the jack that is...
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
              X