Plow Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plow Mounts

What year plow mounts will fit on my 1977, ( Myers ) A guy is telling me that all dodge frames are the same....

Look at the '72-'93 era plow receivers.
    John

Comment

Is that true for an M880 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 15573 View Post
        Is that true for an M880 as well?
        M880 same as W200 I believe. So yes!

Comment

Meyers frames that were put on the truck from the factory will fit 72/93.

However when I put a 70's era frame on my 93 I had to add a 3" extension to the channel that slips into the frame, also added 3" to the hitch.

The light and lift frame hit the grille and the plow will hit the bumper when angled if you do not add to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1976 sno-fiter View Post
            Meyers frames that were put on the truck from the factory will fit 72/93.

However when I put a 70's era frame on my 93 I had to add a 3" extension to the channel that slips into the frame, also added 3" to the hitch.

The light and lift frame hit the grille and the plow will hit the bumper when angled if you do not add to it.
            the 91 to 93 BIG chrome grill and bumper are thicker than the older ones thats why it hit

Comment

Yes, they fit the M880 as well...

Comment

Yes I realized that was the problem to work around!

Comment

When plowing snow with one of these trucks, and hitting something hard Where does the damage usually start ?

where would you look first to see if the truck suffered any damage ?

Comment

I've never had a plow on my Dodge but at the job we've had a '92 F250 4x4 that's been a dedicated plow/spreader truck since day one. I had a mechanic who was hot rodding slide head on into a curb so hard it tore the bed and dislodged the spreader from the body mounts with zero damage to the truck frame. The plow suffered a broken hydraulic line. Problems that occur from hitting hidden gifts such as raised manholes or sewer grates include broken cutting blades, broken rebound springs, broken hydraulic lines. I don't use feet on any of the three plow trucks we have due to the one fiberglass unit we have endured some frame support damage when a good bounce put the foot into something hard enough to bend the bottom of the frame and cracked the plow. The entire unit needed to be replaced as Meyer didn't make that particular model anymore.

Comment

I hit a curb today ( head on ) at a low speed, the plow tripped liked it should but stopped the truck suddendly.

The only damage I can see is a slightly bent pivot pin and 2 bent return spring eye bolts. there is no abnormal gap in the doors and fenders and everything else looks ok as far as I can tell.

Just wanted to know where to look for damage so I don't miss anything...

Comment

I pushed snow for 20 years with the same truck before retiring it ( put antique plates on when it reached 25).
                        I have hit many unseen objects, curbs, gas station fill holes, rocks on dirt lots, even plowed to far and hit the concrete base of parking lot lamps.
                        Things to keep an eye on , Pivot bolt, pivot bolt plates, trip springs, plow frame bolts, plow hitch pins,the pins that the plow trips on and the tubes, and of course the hoses.
                        After a snow storm I always take the truck to the self serve car wash and blow everything off the plow and check the welds, better to catch the cracked weld than to have it fail in the middle of the night.
                        I still push snow but with a newer truck. 93 W250 with the cummins and Detroit lockers front and rear.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys...

Comment

Working...
                          X