Hey Guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys...

Hey guys I haven't been on for awhile. I was working out of state doing some side work since I've been laid off for 11 months. But I'm back home and back to work. For 2 weeks anyway. GRRRRRRR

Anyway I just bought another truck.

It's a 1977 D200 crew cab, with a new never started 360 crate motor, 116K miles, the floors need done but the rest of the truck is rust free doors and all.

It needs a gas tank for behind the seat BUT I think I found one I just need to go get it 8 hours away.

Ok there you go.

Tony

tank behind seat? my 75 crew has a plastic belly tank. my 77 m880 also plastic belly. I thought Dodge stopped tank behind seat in74. was your truck set up for dual tanks one behind seat and one belly?

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
      was your truck set up for dual tanks one behind seat and one belly?
      No, it had a block off plate on the bedside there was never a saddle tank on the frame. I have a saddle tank I'm putting in there since the "seat tank" is only 20gal and this truck will be used for family trips pulling my offroad truck or the camper.

Comment

Where are you located? I know someone who has a cab tank and is removing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          Where are you located? I know someone who has a cab tank and is removing it.
          Harrisburg Pennsylvania. as I said I have found one in NC but most shipping companies won't ship a used gas tank, and it's an 8 hour one way trip for me.
          Thanks

Comment

Maybe they would ship it if a radiator shop boiled it out?
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
              Maybe they would ship it if a radiator shop boiled it out?
              That could be.......

Comment

I would ask if the acid in the boiling tank would take off the galvanizing on the tank before having it cleaned. We used to do that and it does clean EVERYTHING. Just a heads up before you ruin a good tank. I would also post asking if anyone could shuttle the tank to you. I've had and have done that with many parts and trucks before. Everyone is willing to help out they just need to be asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                  I would ask if the acid in the boiling tank would take off the galvanizing on the tank before having it cleaned. We used to do that and it does clean EVERYTHING. Just a heads up before you ruin a good tank. I would also post asking if anyone could shuttle the tank to you. I've had and have done that with many parts and trucks before. Everyone is willing to help out they just need to be asked.
                  Good point thanks.......

Comment

Mopar65pa please take picts

of your dual tank setup when you're finished. no rush, the 75 is a 2/3 year project. a long way away from needing a spare tank . I like the idea of long range crusing capability.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                      of your dual tank setup when you're finished. no rush, the 75 is a 2/3 year project. a long way away from needing a spare tank . I like the idea of long range crusing capability.
                      Yes that's the plane long range driving, dual tanks. At 14MPG with a 360 (hopefully) 20gals doesn't get you far.......

Comment

Working...
                      X