Building a 360 engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a 360 engine.

What parts from my 1978 318 will swap over to a 360 block. Wondering about the oil pan, torque converter and other parts.
    thanks clay

Convertor will fit but probably throw the balance off...Other stuff should swap over unless there's a great span of time in the ages of the motors (like between a 60's LA and a 90's magnum engine). What vintage is the 360?

Comment

360-318 cross over

oil pump,most of the external brackets and pullys will work fine, do not use the harmonic balancer and the oil pan does not fit. you can use the converter but it HAS to be rebalanced, the heads on the 318 have smaller ports and would choke the 360 pretty good but can be used in a pinch. beware of intakes that that say they will work on either engine, it ain't so! also, if you use headers be sure they are for a 360, they also do not cross over.(318 intake &ex for 318 heads and 360 in&ex for 360 heads) hope this helps. Dave.

Comment

Thanks guys for the insight. I don't have a 360 yet just trying to figure out what i'm getting myself into. I wasn't sure how complete of a 360 I would need. I'm not looking to build a killer motor just a good and solid motor. I've seen some good post here for just that purpose.
        Thanks Clay

Comment

Working...
        X