Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joke of the day on me....

Well...

I get the the timing chain on. It's much tighter, so I'm sure it wil make a difference.

But... After getting everything sewn up, I remembered what a hack I am!

I messed up the 1/2 circle oil pan seal, so It isn't seated right. And I found an "extra" bolt that goes to the timing cover, behind the water pump...

It's over 90 degrees today, so I laughed it off!

I'll order a new gasket set, and oil pan gasket. Then I'll do it again from the bottom up.

I'll sharpen up the gasket scraper, and start in again net week... ;-)

Have a great day,

Joel

Vancouver,WA
    Last edited by Gordon Maney; 07-03-2009, 04:07 PM.

When I was a kid, just starting out, I was not so good with that sort of thing. In my 20's I had a good friend who helped me through a really bad situation of the sort you describe, and his presence and good cheer taught me a lot.

Good for you. Have fun and learn as you go...
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

you need two people to install the timing cover with a "new" bottem rubber gasket if your not removing the oil pan / get the cover on as close as you can / you,ll notice that the rubber wont compress far enuf to start the bolts / use two long handle philips screw drivers in two of the middle bolt holes on each side to comprees the rubber while somebody else starts the two bottem bolts

also use HI-tak gasket sealer to glue the paper timing cover gasket to the block ahead of time and dont forget get a dab of silicone in the corners

Comment

Working...
      X