New Truck and New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Truck and New Member

Well i would like to start off by saying my name is Nick and I live in Northern IL.
    I just recently bought a 1979 w100 (told it was a w150 but title says w100) with a 318 engine. This truck is my Cowboy Cadillac. Not afraid to beat on it nor scratch it!. lol anyways looking foward to meeting everyone and i have a couple questions for everyone

What catologe can i get parts for this truck? is there a LMC book sort of like for it out there?

How do i tell the difference between a W100 and W150?

And is there chapter clubs for each state where we could have meet and greets and other events?

Thanks everyone
    Nick

100 vs 150 advertising thru the years

Marketing scheme 100= 1/2 ton 150=1/2 ton. 200 =3/4 ton 250 3/4 ton. 300= 1 ton 350= 1 ton. D=2wd W=4wd. Advertising now has us up to 3500 for a 1 ton??? Fine looking truck there cowboy, resembles the macho package run the vin through a vin decoder. see what you have on your hands.just fudge the last 3 digits on the decoder. Dual tanks and sliding rear window. nice

Comment

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ad.php?t=10346

a few links for parts

Comment

Here is what my vin decodes at
        Make Dodge
        Model W1 - W150
        Body Style 4 - Conventional Cab with Sweptline box; Hi-Line Wagon (Royal Sportsman)
        Gross Vehicle Weight
        J - 6,001 lbs to 8,500 lbs
        Engine F - LA 360 V8 2V
        Year
        Plant S - Warren Truck #1
        Wheelbase
        Rating
        1/2 Ton
        Build Number 163418

Thanks for the reminder, Little upset tho that some guy put a 318 in place of a 360 tho. errrr

also thanks smalltowncowboy!

Comment

here is the site i used for the decoder
          http://t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

Comment

so the vin doesnt really say anything about being a Macho Power Wagon. Would like to know if it is or not. The trim is Hi-Line Wagon (Royal Sportsman). Does that qualify?
            Thanks
            Nick

Comment

only one way to be sure

Bring it to Iowa in June and we will evaluate it free of charge!!! haha
              I dont know enough about the late 70's to give you a reliable answer about what constitutes a Macho Power Wagon. but someone will chime in and educate both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Cadillac View Post
                so the vin doesnt really say anything about being a Macho Power Wagon. Would like to know if it is or not. The trim is Hi-Line Wagon (Royal Sportsman). Does that qualify?
                Thanks
                Nick
                There should be a tag under the hood on/near the radiator support. Different plants/years used different tags. Some are loaded with option codes while others only have paint and trim codes. It should have the vin and model on it also. If you post a pic of yours I'll see if I can break it down for you.

See this thread for the tag I referenced.

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...?t=9646&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by OLD DODGE View Post
                  There should be a tag under the hood on/near the radiator support. Different plants/years used different tags. Some are loaded with option codes while others only have paint and trim codes. It should have the vin and model on it also. If you post a pic of yours I'll see if I can break it down for you.

See this thread for the tag I referenced.

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...?t=9646&page=3

Wow thanks! ok well here it goes. ill type what it says cause it might be hard to read

168375 WI 131 CONV CAB
                  PY3441 P23450 PXS
                  WI4JF95263418 GU272501

Comment

First for some clarification on the 100/150 models.

The D100 was offered in three GVWs.

4800 lbs
                    5500 lbs
                    6000 lbs

The D150 and W150 were both rated at 6050 lbs. No W100 was offered.

On to your tag. Not much on that one.

W1 = W150
                    131 = Wheelbase
                    CONVentional CAB

PY3441 = Main color, Canyon Red Sunfire Metallic
                    PZ3450 = Secondary color, Medium Canyon Red
                    PXS = Paint Procedure No. 3
                    The paint procedure 3 is the same as number 4 in the other thread except the roof is painted the main color instead of the secondary color.

That color combo required you to have either black or red interior trim and seats. Yours looks grey?

Comment

First for some clarification on the 100/150 models.

The D100 was offered in three GVWs.

4800 lbs
                      5500 lbs
                      6000 lbs

The D150 and W150 were both rated at 6050 lbs. No W100 was offered.

On to your tag. Not much on that one.

W1 = W150
                      131 = Wheelbase
                      CONVentional CAB

PY3441 = Main color, Canyon Red Sunfire Metallic
                      PZ3450 = Secondary color, Medium Canyon Red
                      PXS = Paint Procedure No. 3
                      The paint procedure 3 is the same as number 4 in the other thread except the roof is painted the main color instead of the secondary color.

That color combo required you to have either black or red interior trim and seats. Yours looks grey?
                      i appreciate it, thanks for your help. Some Kid owned this truck before me painted in everything grey, and threw new seats it. he also rhino lined the rocker panels for me. what a sweetheart. Anyway i couldn't refuse to buy it cause the tires and the toolbox alone was worth more than he was asking for. I guess i have my work cut out for me.!
                      Thanks Again!
                      Nick

Comment

I noticed that your seat is from a mid to late 90's Ford. That was the same setup I had in my 95 Ford tow truck. I don't care because I'm jelous that you have a nice looking long bed. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by greg rider View Post
                          I noticed that your seat is from a mid to late 90's Ford. That was the same setup I had in my 95 Ford tow truck. I don't care because I'm jelous that you have a nice looking long bed. Good luck with it.
                          Its an awesome truck dont get me wrong but needs work to where i want it. The truck is like a painting really, up close it looks like someone hit it with a bag of nickels. that or its all the waves from the spray paint he put on it.
                          Thanks for the comments tho
                          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Cadillac View Post
                            ...or its all the waves from the spray paint he put on it.
                            Thanks for the comments tho
                            Nick
                            That makes for easy touch up after an afternoon of off roading.

Comment

That makes for easy touch up after an afternoon of off roading.
                              Hahahah very true. Thanks again for your help!
                              Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X